PDA

View Full Version : CGIwrap Error:script not acceptable chmod755 file name

effie c
31-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Contact EMail: support@pair.com Contact Web Site: http://support.pair.com/

Server Data:

Server Administrator/Contact: pcchess@pair.com Server Name: www.postcardchess.com Server Port: 80 Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1 Virtual Host: www.postcardchess.com

Request Data:

User Agent/Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Trident/7.0; EIE10;ENUSWOL; rv:11.0) like Gecko Request Method: POST Remote Host: 125.237.145.211 Remote Address: 125.237.145.211 Remote Port: 56071 Referring Page: http://postcardchess.com/cards/jul29-6790657811.html

Can someone help correct this error please

A Google does nothing for an answer
Have had IT in and he cannot find anything wrong with the computer and also after using his smart phone and mine to move this and others he gets the same error
I have changed servers to no avail I have been using this version of chess for 16 years and have never come across this

we can move the chess pieces but try to send them we get the above error-- I think I got the whole message by copy and paste

Effie c

Speedy Gonzales
31-07-2014, 06:29 PM
So what is it? Your site?? A site you're going to??

effie c
31-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi Speedy,

Nah it is a site that facilitates the chess play movement of pieces

www.postcardchess.com is the site from which a game is started and a move is made and sent by e mail to my opponent, who then also makes his move and sends it back to me

Chess is a very old board game and postcardchess have done well to make it simply for playing online
I have been using this and another variation of the game suited for e mailing for 17 years without too many problems.

This error as shown, popped up for the first, ever, time this morning and even an I/Tech came here this afternoon and could not correct it where in he tried 3 different computers to get the same result,, ie 2 smartphone and this desktop , and all do the same

He is fairly sure the postcardchess website is down- but I still cannot get it to complete without the above error.

Can you think of an answer?

Effie c

Speedy Gonzales
31-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Its not down. Just tried it it loads OK. And the chess machine option works fine here

effie c
31-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Hi,

AH !!! but you try and send it---that brings up the error--- you can make a move and even when you go to review move---up comes the error
Effie c

fred_fish
31-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Execution of (ccard5.cgi) is not permitted for the following reason:
Script is not executable. Issue 'chmod 755 filename'

The admin of the server needs to make the ccard5.cgi script executable.

If that's not you, then there is nothing you can do, other than notifying them on the addresses given.

effie c
01-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi Fred,

Thank you that appears all I can do now---all of my postcardchess opponents find this error when they try and send a move and my I Tech, using his and my Smartphone as a computer get the same action
Thank you all
effie c