PDA

View Full Version : What is the Enterprise version of Win8.1? Or is this a scam?

PeterE
17-07-2014, 06:11 PM
I thought I had a legit version of Win 8.1 for me to keep but I just had the email as below:

"Dear PeterE:
We hope you have enjoyed your evaluation of Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

If you are still in the process of evaluating Windows 8.1 Enterprise, planning and deployment resources are available at the Windows 8.1 TechCenter and Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation Resource Page to help you get the most out of your evaluation.

If you’re ready to move forward and purchase Windows 8.1 Enterprise, please see your purchase options.
See Purchase Options

Thanks again for trying Windows 8.1 Enterprise to experience firsthand how it can benefit your organization.

Kind regards,
TechNet Evaluation Center Team"

Or is this a scam?

TIA PeterE.

Speedy Gonzales
17-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Well what version does it show in system?? If its not Enterprise, dont worry about it

pcuser42
17-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Not a scam. Windows 8.1 Enterprise is primarily designed for large enterprises, usually only available through volume licencing - such an edition has existed since Vista. :) You may have the trial version, hence the email.

wainuitech
17-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Not a scam. Windows 8.1 Enterprise is primarily designed for large enterprises, usually only available through volume licencing - such an edition has existed since Vista. :) You may have the trial version, hence the email.
Spot on :)

There is a legit Enterprise trial http://technet.microsoft.com/en-nz/evalcenter/hh699156.aspxValid for 90 Days to try, you cant change the product key to any version, as its hard coded into it. You can always tell because it has Enterprise Trial - X days remaining in bottom right hand corner of the desktop.

To check what you actually have installed either right click This PC / Properties, or go to start screen, type in WINVER open it, and it will show you whats installed.

"IF" you brought W8.1, and someone's loaded the trial, then time to get out the baseball bat and go pay a visit.

PeterE
17-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Thank you all. It tells me I have 'Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center' (Centre)

I did download and install the Media Centre some weeks ago. It cost me just under $20.00

P.