PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 30 brings back easy access to Bookmarks

Digby
17-07-2014, 07:03 AM
With great reluctance I upgraded to Firefox 29 on new my new PC.

The lack of easy access to my extensive Bookmarks menu was a real pain.

I have now gone to Firefox 30 and I see they have bought easy access to Bookmarks back.

But why are they moving things to the right hand corner ?

I though the whole world of Windows had things on the top left hand corner.

IT IS VERY ANNOYING.

Are Mozilla going to start showing text running from right to left soon like Arabic ?

pctek
17-07-2014, 08:08 AM
What? I have 29....Bookmarks haven't changed in all the versions I have had since v3 or whatever it was.....

Things on left versus right - you can edit the toolbar and drag things around.

Digby
17-07-2014, 08:21 AM
What? I have 29....Bookmarks haven't changed in all the versions I have had since v3 or whatever it was.....

Things on left versus right - you can edit the toolbar and drag things around.

What?

Not the Bookmarks menu, but the way you access it was made very hard in 29.

And why should we have to play around and edit the toolbar ?

The internet convention is that the Menu options are on the left!

paulw
17-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I've been using Firefox Aurora for some time now , Currently on version 32 and the icons have been on the right for months..

wainuitech
17-07-2014, 09:48 AM
If you are referring to the bookmarks on the tool bar, as PCTek said you can drag them to where you want - or any of the icons as well.

Assuming this is what you are wanting, right click the blank area above the toolbar - Customize - this unlocks everything - drag the Bookmarks to the right ( see pics below) only takes 2-3 seconds) :)

And why should we have to play around and edit the toolbar ? More than likely the Firefox developers decided its better that way - or they were drunk at the time ;)

bk T
17-07-2014, 12:14 PM
... Currently on version 32 ..

Mine is version 30, and just checked that it's up to date!

Digby
18-07-2014, 06:40 PM
My point is that the convention for Windows has been that menus are on the top left for the last 20 years.

It is not good to have one or two programs out of line with that. Why not have them on the left hand bottom corner ?

Sure you can move it if you want to bother to learn how to, add you can get an addon to make it look like version 17 if you want to.

But it makes it very hard to support someone if they have played with such settings as this.

But my point is that Firefox should not go about trying the change convention like this all on their own.

pctek
19-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Perhaps this might help:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

mzee
19-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Firefox is now based on Google Chrome which has got to be good! The only improvement on Chrome is being able to access the TABS in full screen view.

Digby
21-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I just fodun out hwo to move my bookmarks menu from the top right to the top left hand corner.

So I am happy now.

It seems Mozilla wanted to make FF very customizable (probably because they could not fit everything in the top right hand corner.....

But I only want a few options - Print, Bookmarks and History.

So I sort of give them my apologies.