PDA

View Full Version : Adapter Problem

swazi
10-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Hi

I have a Lenovo T440s which all of a sudden has started coming up with an error message saying:

"Incorrect AC adapter is attached.

The AC adapter may not provide enough power to your Lenovo computer. Please reconnect proper AC adapter. To buy additional AC adapter, click here"

I am using the shipped power adapter and haven't had any problems previously. However the strange thing is that the machine still charges when it is off. It is only when it is on that it won't charge so I assume this means it is a software problem rather than hardware?

Any suggestions as to how to tackle this one?

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Another post from the Lenovo forum.

In my case it turned out to be a physically damaged power connector on the laptop. The yellow insert just completely fell out and the pin inside was bent. I have bent it back as a temporary solution until getting the connector repaired.

Check the pins on the adapter.

swazi
11-07-2014, 01:18 AM
Thanks Speedy for taking the time to look that up. I did see that myself and the pin looks fine to me. In any case, if it were a damaged adapter then I can't understand why the computer would charge when it was off but not charge when it was on??

CliveM
11-07-2014, 09:52 AM
It will be software stopping it charging when your system is running. When the system is closed down the software is out of the picture so the charger works. Pretty much what you deduced in your first post. Check with Lenovo for updated drivers and if you can borrow an adapter from another similar system to try that would also confirm if it is software or your adapter at fault.