PDA

View Full Version : Google calendar sync

gary67
09-07-2014, 07:33 PM
With support ending on the August first and Google are saying they are going to break it so it won't work has anyone used any of the alternatives.

I rely on this little program to keep my calendars synced at all times and need to find a good alternative, plenty show up when you search just want a recommendation from someone who has used/uses one.

wainuitech
09-07-2014, 08:20 PM
What about Windows Live Calender ?

While I dont use it myself, just did a test, entered a fake task in Outlook / Calender - Went to Live on line and it had already synced. Did the same on line, and by the time I switched between online to Outlook on the PC (2-3 seconds), it had updated and synced fine.

gary67
09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I use Gmail though as I have an android phone should have said that.

pcuser42
09-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I use Gmail though as I have an android phone should have said that.

Does it not support other calendars?

gary67
09-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Yes but how many apps do I need when the phone has what I need already all I need is to be able to sync them

wainuitech
09-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Are you sure you read the messages correctly ?

Just found this article http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=12628763 Its saying its only being shut down for Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar. It will still support mobile devices.

gary67
09-07-2014, 10:22 PM
I had an email from Google today saying the desktop version for office outlook was being shut down. Guess all I can do is wait and see. All that article says is you can still see your events on G cal not that the program is going to keep working.

Where as I use office outlook calendar and want to still sync it with my G cal one. Their are programs out there was just hoping some had been tried by members

wainuitech
09-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Keep windows live Cal in the back of your thoughts. ( if nothing else comes up to be of more help)

Just had a look on our Android Tabby, its got a inbuilt Calendar, Just set up my live.com account, put in some rubbish on the Android, it synced as soon as I hit refresh, edited the entry online at Outlook.com, and it changed on the Tabby, opened Outlook on the computer ( has the live.com ) and that synced as well. :2cents:

fred_fish
09-07-2014, 11:18 PM
If you can run your own webserver you can put ownCloud on it and be your own google.
Calendar, Contacts, Files etc.