PDA

View Full Version : TradeMe 'in trade' icon survey

linw
01-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Having a conversation with Trademe about the now required 'in trade' icon that is supposed to show alongside the member name on the listing. It sits to the right of the 'AV' icon.

My problem is that this 'in trade' icon doesn't scale like the others, e.g AV, when one uses ctrl- + to increase the text size. If I start from the smallest (unreadable!) size it will scale up for 4 clicks but on the fifth, it turns to two pairs of chevrons.

It does this on 8.1 update IE11, both desktop and 'metro, and FF. Also on Vista IE9.

TM have said to enable active scripting (javascript) and this is ticked. Also to clear temp internet files - done.

They also said to make sure the latest ver of java is installed as this is the software that 'makes the buttons work'. I have uninstalled java for security reasons but the download link they provided says that java does NOT work with the 'metro' version of IE. That stuffs TM I guess!

But they didn't explain how the 'AV' and star icons scale up and down with no problem on all my tests.

Sorry for the long diatribe but I wonder if some of you good folk could see if it is just my three browsers on three different computers that have this problem. Maybe say whether java is installed as well.

Ta.

Zippity
01-07-2014, 06:28 PM
what is your "sell" name?

CYaBro
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I just tested on mine and it seems to work fine.
Using Chrome on Windows 8.1.

Edit: OK I see what you mean, if you changes pages and then get to a page with that icon it shows as the two chevrons, if you've adjusted the text size.

linw
01-07-2014, 08:57 PM
what is your "sell" name?

Not relevant. I am NOT in trade myself but would like the icon to work properly for all users like their other icons do.

linw
01-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I just tested on mine and it seems to work fine.
Using Chrome on Windows 8.1.

Edit: OK I see what you mean, if you changes pages and then get to a page with that icon it shows as the two chevrons, if you've adjusted the text size.

Plus 1! OK, so now we see another browser doing it. Pretty much points right back to the coders.

Terry Porritt
01-07-2014, 09:07 PM
'in trade' turns to chevrons for me too when enlarging text using: FF and Win 8.1

Zippity
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Not relevant. I am NOT in trade myself but would like the icon to work properly for all users like their other icons do.

Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier question :(

linw
01-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier question :(
No problems, zip!!

linw
02-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Sorry to be a nuisance, but don't seem to be having luck with TM people.

Asking if anyone can see the 'in trade' icon alongside the member on the listing below if they cycle up with ctrl-+ to increase the text size. Go down (ctrl-minus) and up.

Listing http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/components/hard-drives/laptop/auction-745936330.htm

Terry Porritt
02-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Sorry to be a nuisance, but don't seem to be having luck with TM people.

Asking if anyone can see the 'in trade' icon alongside the member on the listing below if they cycle up with ctrl-+ to increase the text size. Go down (ctrl-minus) and up.

Listing http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/components/hard-drives/laptop/auction-745936330.htm

If I ctrl - down to micro print size it still reads 'in trade', but if I crtl + it eventually changes to chevron.

minster
02-07-2014, 11:23 PM
If I ctrl - down to micro print size it still reads 'in trade', but if I crtl + it eventually changes to chevron.

Same here ... Using win7 & Firefox.

linw
03-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks, guys, for taking the trouble to test this.

A web developer said TM were using a sprite for the in trade icon and they had just stuffed it up!

I am now better armed for the next email exchange!