PDA

View Full Version : Problem accessing pictures on phone camera

Roscoe
30-06-2014, 01:35 PM
I am trying to download the photos from my phone camera. When I plug it into the USB port the laptop plays a sound indicating that the phone has been plugged in and the phone emits a beep. It says, under Computer, Removable Disc E, but when I try to access it a small window comes up saying Please insert a disc into Removable Disc E. So I am not certain what to do. What am I doing wrong?

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
30-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Its probably looking for a memory card. Does it have 1?? If it does,put it in the card reader if the laptop has 1

Roscoe
30-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Thank you, Speedy.

It does have a card, but it is very small and just becomes lost in the card reader.

I know that it can be done. My daughter downloaded some photos off my phone, using the USB but I was not here to see how she did it, which is why I'm asking. I can't ask her to come back and show me as she has returned to Sydney.

Speedy Gonzales
30-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I would read the manual for that. It'll have an option in its settings on what a PC will read it as. Cant remember what it's called this stupid camera I have here is faulty. It's got a few options in its settings when you connect it.

It doesnt matter if the batteries are new or dead, the only thing it says is replace batteries. But a card reader would be easier. All you need is an adapter. If it's a small memory card. So you use it in the card reader

Tbird650
30-06-2014, 06:09 PM
On my Samsung flip phone, I have to set 'media player' as the "PC connection" in Settings. Then navigate to the normal main screen (Samsung call this idle mode) else it won't work.
Hope this helps

wainuitech
30-06-2014, 07:02 PM
On Mine, when you plug in the correct USB connection (not all will work) But the one that comes with the phone will. - Theres a message pop up and you have to press a button saying connect to USB. If you don't press the button, while it will show under Computer, you cant access anything.

Some phones have an option in settings, or if you drag down the top bar on the home interface there may be a connect there.

gary67
30-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I just bluetooth my photos over

inphinity
30-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Is the phone locked (with a pin, pattern, etc)? This will usually lock the media as well. Just unlock the phone when you plug it in.

kahawai chaser
30-06-2014, 10:20 PM
As what WT and Tbird says - you may need to connect by pressing a message/dialog box from the phone to allow valid connection and folder creation to allow pic transfers.

Did some pic transfers today from 2 new different Samsung's which was a bit of a pain - bit slower to initialize than earlier Samsung's (Usually plug and play from a quickly created drive). Also the Samsung micro to USB cable is quite thick compared to earlier OEM's and aftermarket cables.

Had to connect as a Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). I chose MTP then it downloaded drivers and windows updates (ACM's). This took a little time and spinning up Avast antivirus - causing further delay. Then I could finally transfer from phone to PC. Screenshot of dialog box file downloads below. As it says, it can take a while...

linw
01-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I use Dropbox. Don't need to do anything. Just get within wifi range and across they go. Seems like magic!

01-07-2014, 12:54 PM
I had to load PC drivers (via Samsung software) to get easy PC access to my Samsung Ph
Only after that , could I easily browse all ph storage (incl SDcard)

Another option is Airdroid.

Roscoe
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Some phones have an option in settings, or if you drag down the top bar on the home interface there may be a connect there.

Thanks Wainui. That's what I needed to know. There is a pull down screen that I did not know about where there is an option that will allow the accessing of the phone. That works and I have been able to copy over the pictures.

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and help. Really appreciated.