PDA

View Full Version : How to access BIOS setup utility for Asus M2N68-AM Plus motherboard?

colmack
29-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I want to install (dual boot) Ubuntu on my desktop PC, currently running Windows 7. To do this, I need to make my PC prioritise the DVD player when booting, and to do that I need to access the Boot Menu. This is where I’m having trouble: whenever I restart the PC, the following sequence occurs: the screen fills with large white printing (reading ‘N68-AMPLUS motherboard’) on a green background for about 10 seconds, then immediately starts Windows. There is no other message of the kind, ‘Press F2 / Tab / whatever to Setup’, such as I’ve seen – indeed, used – on other computers.
I’ve tried restarting and tapping both the F2 and the Tab keys in any case, and what this does is provide access to the ‘Windows boot menu’. One of the options there is press F8 to access Advanced Options – but none of these seems to be what I want, as they all relate to Windows 7: e.g. open in Safe Mode.
I’ve googled the user guide for the motherboard, where it describes the ‘BIOS Setup Utility’ which is obviously what I want, as one of the options in the menu is how to adjust the boot sequence. But nowhere in the user guide that I can find does it say how to get to this function – everything about it assumes no difficulty, e.g. the relevant chapter begins with words to the effect of ‘once the Setup Utility starts, the following screen will appear…’ – without saying HOW to make it start!
Please help. Note: I’m a relative beginner – not even sure that I’m using terms correctly in this post. So replies in simple language will be most appreciated!

Speedy Gonzales
29-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Usually its the del key for ASUS mobos. Hold / press it down after you reboot

Speedy Gonzales
29-06-2014, 01:11 PM
The manual will be on the ASUS site (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2N68AM_PLUS/HelpDesk_Manual/). To see what comes up on the screen disable the logo in the BIOS, then save settings. Thats why you can't see any messages on the screen, if the logo is showing

bevy121
30-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Yea - I have the same m/b myself

just reboot, and start pressing the 'delete' key down once or twice every second when you hear the post beep
(or when you see the Asus logo if you don't have a beep for some reason)