PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding on the Huawei HG659 - Telecom Router

dpDesignz
27-06-2014, 08:36 AM
We have just received a Huawei HG659 - Telecom Router for work, and I need to port forward to my Spiceworks install on a local computer.

I've followed the instructions on their help page (http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/35235/~/port-forwarding-on-the-huawei-hg659%2Fhg659b) but it doesn't seem to work.

We have a static IP, which if I enter that will go to my router config page, but when I try enter the port number it won't load the page.

I've got a static IP on the computer that Spiceworks is installed on and I've allowed the program through the firewall, but it just isn't loading.

Telecom support weren't much help either. :/

Does anyone have any ideas I could try?

It's installed on port 1080 on my computer, which when using a port checker shows that's open.

Cheers

Agent_24
27-06-2014, 10:55 AM
We have a static IP, which if I enter that will go to my router config page, but when I try enter the port number it won't load the page.

Can you explain that part in more detail? What IP are you talking about? LAN or WAN? Where are you entering it?

27-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Some of the Telecom modems can be a nightmare for this sort of thing. In the past Ive seen a few that just dont want to do this.
Sometimes its easier to get a better modem/router, Im not sure about that one, might be OK ? maybee not.

http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/35235/~/port-forwarding-on-the-huawei-hg659%2Fhg659b

dpDesignz
27-06-2014, 11:11 AM
So our phone line has a static IP assigned by Telecom. If I enter it into a device not connected to the network (ie my smartphone over data) I get the router page fine, but if I enter the port number I've assigned to forward it won't connect.

dpDesignz
27-06-2014, 11:12 AM
I think you might be completely on the wrong track.
You need a static IP on the PC
Some of the Telecom modems can be a nightmare for this sort of thing. In the past Ive a few that just dont want to do this.
Sometimes its easier to get a better modem/router, Im not sure about that one, might be OK ? maybee not.

http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/35235/~/port-forwarding-on-the-huawei-hg659%2Fhg659b

As in original post "I've got a static IP on the computer that Spiceworks is installed on and I've allowed the program through the firewall, but it just isn't loading."

Agent_24
27-06-2014, 11:18 AM
I assume you have tested it locally, ie: try to load it locally from another machine on your LAN, using the host's LAN IP and port?

dpDesignz
27-06-2014, 11:21 AM
I assume you have tested it locally, ie: try to load it locally from another machine on your LAN, using the host's LAN IP and port?

Correct. :). It runs fine locally for the last 9 months or so. I've just never tried to set this up because we were on a Vodafone router which didn't allow forwarding. So I decided to give it a go with the new router. :)

dpDesignz
25-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Ok so I'm still trying to sort this. I've managed to get the router accessible by using the IP address. I've setup the port trigger and setup the port forwarding. I've allowed both the programmes and ports through my firewall, and still no luck! :(. I even tried disabling my firewall and my routers but still no luck. I just get a "connection timeout" error. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try next?

Agent_24
25-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Did you restart router after setting up the rules? Some require it to work properly, even if they don't tell you to.

It's also quite a possibility the router has shitty firmware that just doesn't work. Try a different router to at least narrow the problem down, preferably one you know can forward ports properly.

wratterus
25-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Those modems are mutts to port forward on, but in saying that I've done plenty and they've worked fine.

25-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Save yourself alot of grief, spend $70 & go & buy another router . n
Youve been trying on that one for a month
:)

Ive seen Telecom routers , that even when port forward was setup, it still didnt work.
A new router & that issue was fixed in 10 minutes.

CliveM
25-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Save yourself alot of grief, spend $70 & go & buy another router . n
Youve been trying on that one for a month
:)

Ive seen Telecom routers , that even when port forward was setup, it still didnt work.
A new router & that issue was fixed in 10 minutes.

Exellent advice.

wratterus
25-07-2014, 04:15 PM
http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=MODAS0126&name=ASUS-DSL-N12E-C1-ADSL22+-Wireless-N-300Mbps-Modem-

For a good basic all in one.