PDA

View Full Version : CD-ROM....F!@#ed.....need help

15-12-2001, 12:58 AM
my cd-rom dosnt seem 2 work properly..when i put a cd (program or game)it doesnt seem to read it
i keep seeing the bliking light for ages ..then it stop but nothing seems to happen
..my cdrom doesnt seem to read wats in da cd.

15-12-2001, 07:33 AM
Had this problem recently with a friends PC. Replaced the driver and still NBG. Slapped in a spare CD ROm and it worked fine with no effort. So we replaced the CD drive.
Can you borrow a second one from somewhere to test it?
Robo.

15-12-2001, 10:04 AM
Have you tried CLEANING the CD Rom? Dick Smith have a really good CD Lens cleaner, made by Philips, which will clean the lens for you. Might solve your problems. Don't get a lens cleaner with some kind of liquid etc. to put on it, just use one like the Philips one which is a dry cleaner which has two very fine brushes on the bottom of a CD which clean the lens while the CD is spinning. Hope this helps.

15-12-2001, 02:24 PM
The philips one is great, but you may have to insert it a couple of times to get the drive to read it.

If its really bad set cdplayer to intro play track 1 and 14 for a while. The lense only hits the brushes when its seeking between tracks.

Avoid the cheap cleaners you don't want to have to remove bits of the brush from around the lense.