PDA

View Full Version : Can't access Paypal

Digby
17-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Guys

For the last few hours I have not been able to access the Paypal website.

All other sites are working.

Surley they cant be down.

Any suggestions ?

Can you access it ?

I am using Firefiox

Speedy Gonzales
17-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Works fine here with FF. Just tried it and logged in fine. See if IE works. If it does then something is wrong with FF

Digby
17-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Just tried IE and that does not work either!

Digby
17-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I just turned off my Windows Firewall and it works all OK.

Thanks

Digby
18-06-2014, 06:08 AM
But I want to turn my Firewall back on and this just stops the Paypal website being accessed.

This is ridiculous.
I don't think I can add it as a program as its a website rather than a program.

There must be a simple way to allow Firefox (and other browsers) to allow Paypal.

Speedy Gonzales
18-06-2014, 08:28 AM
What firewall is installed if its not windows firewall?? Sounds like something has stuffed up. Looks like bullguard had this prob with Paypal.

Digby
18-06-2014, 08:50 AM
As far as I know I have Windows Firewall installed.
Surely that should let a site such as Paypal through.

Speedy Gonzales
18-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Try your bank site. See if that works. If it doesn't, you maybe having probs getting onto secure sites. Since paypal is a secure site, and your bank should be as well

Digby
18-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Try your bank site. See if that works. If it doesn't, you maybe having probs getting onto secure sites. Since paypal is a secure site, and your bank should be as well

That was a good suggestion but I can access my bank.

Paypal still comes up with
"Firefox can't find the server at www.paypal.com."

If I turn the firewall off I can get in no worries.

beama
19-06-2014, 08:26 AM
That was a good suggestion but I can access my bank.

Paypal still comes up with
"Firefox can't find the server at www.paypal.com."

If I turn the firewall off I can get in no worries.

want happens if you type this into your browser
23.222.99.56 <enter>

if you want to check that I'm sending to a legit site type in at a cmd prompt ping www.paypal.com it should return those numbers as well as a reply x 4 if all is well

wainuitech
19-06-2014, 09:35 AM
want happens if you type this into your browser
23.222.99.56 <enter>

if you want to check that I'm sending to a legit site type in at a cmd prompt ping www.paypal.com it should return those numbers as well as a reply x 4 if all is well Paypal has more than one server IP, so you may get a different numbers in a ping. You may get 23.65.50.234, also most browsers will throw up a warning if you try to go to Paypal by the IP address.

kahawai chaser
19-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Mozilla forum moderator says to delete firewall rules, and allow permissions (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/771925) for trusted sites that are blocked.

Digby
19-06-2014, 01:18 PM
My Firewall (Windows 7) does not allow Windows Updates through either!

So I need to study up on how to work on my Firewall rules. (as Kahawai Chaser says?)

But my real question is why is this happening (or not happening)

I have a fairly vanilla set up.

Speedy Gonzales
19-06-2014, 01:22 PM
If windows update doesn't work what error comes up??

wainuitech
19-06-2014, 02:12 PM
If Windows updates don't work either, it sounds a bit like theres some corruption someplace, could have gotten some malware or something else has gone wrong. Have you by any chance uninstalled any security program that had a firewall -- left overs can cause all sorts of problem.

You could try sfc /scannow or the Auto Fix from MS - No idea if it will work or not. http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_firewall_diagnostic

Speedy Gonzales
19-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Do you use reg cleaners?? That's one thing that can delete things and screw things up

Digby
19-06-2014, 07:27 PM
If windows update doesn't work what error comes up??

Nothing, the updates just don't come through.

Yes I use Crap Cleaner sometimes

I don't think I used Zonealarm on this computer.

Speedy Gonzales
20-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Well I can have a look with teamviewer if you want. To see if we can fix the prob. If you get it, install or run it then give me the ID and password it gives you in a PM

beama
20-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Paypal has more than one server IP, so you may get a different numbers in a ping. You may get 23.65.50.234, also most browsers will throw up a warning if you try to go to Paypal by the IP address.

no wonder the browser getting confused, so many ips assigned to one dns entry who would guess that :badpc:

wainuitech
20-06-2014, 03:42 PM
no wonder the browser getting confused, so many ips assigned to one dns entry who would guess that :badpc: Could be :)

if you try to go to Paypal by the IP's given and not the name this is what you get from both of them: ( note IP is different but go to paypal)

OOPS helps if you add the pics :D