PDA

View Full Version : Marvell disk controller + Optical drives

bk T
17-06-2014, 01:37 PM
1. After updating my Win8, immediately after it restarted, the following alert message pops up:

View details:

There's no drivers for Win8 in Gigabyte site for this MB : GA-X58A-UD3R- ver 2, do I really need this?

2. Now, both of my DVD drives are gone, as shown in the Device Manager:

The 'Homegroup' icon is gone too, after the Windows update.

I don't what MS is trying to do!!

wainuitech
17-06-2014, 01:49 PM
You could try running system restore back to before the updates, then assuming its working again, manually download updates, but select the ones relating to the driver update and tell it to ignore in the future.

looked at that board on Gigabytes site, they only made drivers upto Windows 7, so it may be to old for them to make W8 Drivers.

Edited: what you can also try is go into the device manager, right click the Drives / properties / Driver Tab - Roll Back Driver. May or may not fix it. If it does then go into windows Updates, do a manual Update, and as above deselect the drivers available for the devices.

Edited2 Also just found this post(Quote) I did however find a solution - download the "Marvell Console Driver (SATA3)" from the Gigabyte site and install that - I'm not using a Gigabyte board, it's just that they provide a suitable driver here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3251#dl

Speedy Gonzales
17-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Search for marvell 91xx ata config in Google. Do you have any SATA 3 devices?

Dbl click on this entry and go to the details tab change it to hardware ids. Copy and paste whats there in here

bk T
17-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Here is the hardware id:

wainuitech
17-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Personally I'd just roll back the driver as I posted in #2, then tell windows not to download the new ones. Sometimes newer is not always better ;)

Speedy Gonzales
17-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Some sites say that Marvell 9128 is crap, and to change whatever SATA port the hdd is plugged into (if it supports Intel) to Intel SATA ports. Must support Intel something, since there's Intel sata drivers for this on the site