PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver

effie c
16-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Hi,

My chosen screen saver has operated as set up ( ten minutes delay )until about three weeks ago--so no matter what start delay I set it will not start, I have changed to another saver, that I used to use- same thing---nothing

Today I have been out all day to come home to find the page I had left ( windows Mail ) was so called burning an image into the screen as the saver yet again did not cut in

Can anybody advise please?

Effie c

wainuitech
16-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Got a wireless Mouse or Keyboard ?

Sometimes if the battery is going flat it can stop a screen saver, other items can be out of date drivers, or something running in the background which is stopping the Screen saver from activating.

If you go into the Windows screen Saver Settings - Click Preview, does it run or go back to the normal window again ?

pctek
17-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Today I have been out all day to come home to find the page I had left was so called burning an image into the screen

It won't....only really old monitors used to have that problem.

inphinity
17-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Today I have been out all day to come home to find the page I had left ( windows Mail ) was so called burning an image into the screen as the saver yet again did not cut in

Can anybody advise please?

I would advise you to get a screen that is less than 20 years old. No semi-modern LCD should suffer screen burn.

effie c
17-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Hi all,

and thank you --most helpful

My monitor is only 1 year old so I am safe enough. if that is the cause

Wainui tec I use a wireless mouse and have frequently, when trying to correct this, gone into Screen saver and the sample is working perfectly, it is just when I revert to normal use it has ceased to start and yet it was quite O K until about a month ago
I will check the drivers for all that

Effie c

inphinity
17-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Do you ever get issues with the mouse cursor jumping around etc? Possibly interference with the wireless mouse, causing the PC to think the mouse is 'active' and thus the screen saver never timing out.

linw
17-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Why bother with a screen saver? Set the screen to turn off in the Power Options.

effie c
17-06-2014, 06:44 PM
HI all, again,

I have had the cursor jump around, suggesting the battery was flat--replaced that and found no difference,as the cursor was still fidgeting ;-) even after a
new battery

Next time If fired up everything was O K, so I doubt the mouse was at fault- and later the same thing happened.

O K I can live with the lack of need for a saver, but I had to ask ;-)

I will have a look at driver update sometime

Thanks again

Effie c

Agent_24
19-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I would advise you to get a screen that is less than 20 years old. No semi-modern LCD should suffer screen burn.

Not true, you can still burn any LCD. You usually have to try at it though, but it is possible.
http://www.techlore.com/article/10099/Do-LCD-TVs-Burn-In-/