PDA

View Full Version : NTFS permissions

14-12-2001, 04:20 PM
I have winxp.I have two partions.Both are NTFS.I reformated the system partion and reinstalled windows.I want to know how i can reset all the permission settings in the other partition to defualts.

Thanks

14-12-2001, 06:41 PM
To change permissions, click Start , click My Computer , and then locate the file or folder for which you want to set special permissions. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties , and then click the Security tab. Click Advanced. To remove an existing group or user and the special permissions, click the name of the group or user, and then click Remove . If the Remove button is unavailable, click to clear the Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects.

If you are not joined to a domain and want to view the Security tab, click Start , and then click Control Panel. Click Appearance and Themes , and then click Folder Options. Click the View tab, and then click to clear the Use simple file sharing [Recommended] check box in the Advanced settings box.

Note that to change permissions, you must be the owner or have permission to change permissions by the owner.