PDA

View Full Version : Does Android have a limit on the max number of saved wireless networks?

wratterus
07-06-2014, 12:35 PM
The reason I ask, is I have a fair few, probably well over 200 in fact, and just recently my phone has randomly stopped auto-connecting to saved networks, either when it comes into range of one, or wakes from sleep. I removed a bunch of saved networks, and the issue went away for a while and just came back, so I deleted a bunch more, and so far it's working fine again.

Webdevguy
07-06-2014, 05:15 PM
I would have thought the only factor limiting the amount of networks your phone could store would be the amount of available memory. Other than that they should be being stored on a database which should have plenty of space to store them.

inphinity
07-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Some builds have a limit of displaying 200 wifi networks (which would include saved + unsaved currently visible) in the wifi management list. As far as I'm aware, it can save more, and thus will autoconnect, it's just that the UI shows up to 200. I believe Jelly bean and above no longer have this limit, or it's been increased, because I have 231 networks listed on one of my devices (it replaced an ICS-based device that was hitting 200 and showing no more).