PDA

View Full Version : Comodo Ice Dragon

ianhnz
07-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi guys.

I'm a long time Comodo fan and notice they have a browser, Comodo Ice Dragon, which they say is more secure.

Does anyone know how I can copy my Firefox settings, like passwords, etc into Ice Dragon?

Thanks,

Ian

wainuitech
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Seems ya missed the window to do it automatically :( ( Just installed it to try)

Its basically Firefox (do this from both) -- right click a space near the address bar, make sure Show Menu is ticked, then from Bookmarks - Show all bookmarks - Import & Backup as required.

The passwords -- There used to be a plugin for FF that would do that, but Its on my other PC, so cant look at the moment.

ianhnz
07-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Seems ya missed the window to do it automatically :( ( Just installed it to try)

Its basically Firefox (do this from both) -- right click a space near the address bar, make sure Show Menu is ticked, then from Bookmarks - Show all bookmarks - Import & Backup as required.

The passwords -- There used to be a plugin for FF that would do that, but Its on my other PC, so cant look at the moment.

Didn't work.

Sorry

wainuitech
07-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Didn't work.

Sorry Just go to your Original FF, then export as mentioned above, but use the option as html

5757 http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/154769-firefox-bookmarks-export-backup-import-restore.html

Then on Comodo, the the exact same, but import html

Passwords -- Install password Exporter https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/password-exporter/ One way to operate it, go to Tools/ Addons / Extensions -- Select Password Export - Options, then theres the option to either export or Import.

You would do the export first from Firefox, then open Comodo and do the exact same except import.

This Does work - Just done it :) Heres Comodo importing the FF Passwords:

As it says on the site.
What's the difference between Comodo IceDragon and Comodo Dragon ?

Comodo Dragon is based on the Chromium engine used by Google Chrome. IceDragon is based on Firefox.