PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 File Explorer navigator behaviour

NFrazer
06-06-2014, 03:09 PM
I like to expand the nested folders in the navigator pane in XP Windows explorer, to drill down into the sub-sub-sub folder I want, back out one level, drill into another folder perhaps etc.
I love this behaviour.
I hated the MyComputer version, windows+E is my favourite
With Win 7 double clicking a folder in the navigator, drops the folder down to second to bottom, so I have to drag it up to the top, then double click the sub folder I want, drops the lot down to the bottom etc, so annoying have to drag that one up too.
For what possible reason is dropping the selected folder to the bottom trying to achieve?
I find the drop down boxes at the top so annoying.
I dont like messing around in the view panel.
Am I the only one on this planet that hates it?
I want my old navigator behaviour back. Why isnt it in the properties? Boohoo.

pctek
06-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I always use 3rd party explorers.

Colpol
06-06-2014, 06:56 PM
I like to expand the nested folders in the navigator pane in XP Windows explorer, to drill down into the sub-sub-sub folder I want, back out one level, drill into another folder perhaps etc.
I love this behaviour.
I hated the MyComputer version, windows+E is my favourite
With Win 7 double clicking a folder in the navigator, drops the folder down to second to bottom, so I have to drag it up to the top, then double click the sub folder I want, drops the lot down to the bottom etc, so annoying have to drag that one up too.
For what possible reason is dropping the selected folder to the bottom trying to achieve?
I find the drop down boxes at the top so annoying.
I dont like messing around in the view panel.
Am I the only one on this planet that hates it?
I want my old navigator behaviour back. Why isnt it in the properties? Boohoo.

Drives me nuts to:mad::mad:

Rod J
07-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Try a twin-panel (orthodox) file manager like Total Commander (not free) or Double Commander (free). There are many more of them. My preference in Windows was Total Commander. Once you realize how convenient and powerful they are you'd never go back to Explorer.

zqwerty
07-06-2014, 04:23 AM
I use:

http://www.softwareok.com/?Freeware/Q-Dir

The Portable version rather than installed.

zqwerty
07-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Download links: http://www.softwareok.com/?Download=Q-Dir