PDA

View Full Version : Missing features in Word 2003

Billy T
29-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Hi Team

This program has been rock solid for years, then this afternoon the tool bar window used for percentage size disappeared, along with the little backwards P thingy that sits to the left of the % pane and lets you see the formatting in your document.

Clearly I have hit a key combination at some stage earlier in the day, and I didn't realise until later when I was doing an urgent letter for Mrs T (ain't it always the way?).

I've looked through formatting options etc but the problem is, I don't know what to look for!

I rely on that formatting display to set up my documents and without it I can't see what is happening!

I need both features back asap or I'll grind to a halt. :mad:

Where should I look and what should I do?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Billy T
29-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Just noticed that I now have what looks like two toolbars on a blank Word document.

Billy 8-{)

Billy T
29-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Restore via the help menu didn't make any difference either, still had the two displays.

Blowed if I know what is going on here!

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

paulw
29-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I haven't played with Office 2003 for some time but I think you can go to View Toolbars and untick the top one..

Billy T
29-05-2014, 08:59 PM
I haven't played with Office 2003 for some time but I think you can go to View Toolbars and untick the top one..

Yep! That fixed the multiples. Thanks heaps Paul!

I'm down to one toolbar now, so all I need is my 'view formatting' and 'zoom' back and I'm cooking with gas!

I'll take another look at the options on Billy jnr's computer, I set that up a few years back and it is now what mine was so to speak, so I'm now back to finding out why I can't view formatting.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :waughh:

zqwerty
29-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Ctrl + Shift + * will give you the Show All for formatting.

Billy T
29-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Ctrl + Shift + * will give you the Show All for formatting. I tried that but it did nothing, however it is now fixed. I went through a menu by menu / step by step comparison of Billy Jnr's computer (which I set up a few years back) and found that View/Toolbars/Standard was not checked. How it managed to lose its setting I don't know, but it is all ok now.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :thumbs: