PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphones

Pato
25-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Advice needed please. We have a Sony Bravia TV which I want to hook up to Wireless headphones without cutting out the sound from the TV.
I have tried to get some help at the usual places like Harvey Norman, DSE, etc but they have been of little help.
Can someone recommend a suitable headphone that they have installed for the same purpose?.

wainuitech
25-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Haven't actually done it, I know of a few people who have tried similar and came stuck because the TV didn't have the Audio or other output options - Not all TV's have the required outputs (Some people I know, their Bravia has a lot of various inputs but limited Outputs - Noticed when setting up some extra hardware) ? What outputs do you have ?

Just found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ndTAaORXI Shows how, read the boxes as well, also tells you how to have both Headphones & TV audio. Most wireless headphones will be similar.

Pato
25-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I am not sure about the Outputs, will have to check. I also have a T/Box and when the Technician set it up he did so that we can
run the TV audio through my old Technics Stero system, but I really need headphones now as I am missing some of the TV audio and it makes it hard to
follow some programs LOL!!.

wainuitech
25-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Just had a look at our Telstra T-Box, ( much to annoy SWMBO --- She said now what you doing -- Didn't answer,Just :)ed as I'm not talking unless I need to {long story}) The Audio Output from the t-Box goes to the TV input, so you may be able connect some sort of splitter, that way one set goes to the TV the other to Headphones.

I'm the same -- Can you turn that up a bit please ( mumble mumble - followed by "the Look" ) :eek:

Zippity
25-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Our Sony Bravia is connected to the stereo which is also connected to my wireless headphones.

That way, we get the best of both worlds :)

CliveM
25-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Sony put out about 3 models of wireless headphones which are designed to work with their TVs. I have one and like it a lot as being a bit deaf it lets me listen without making the TV itself too loud for others in the room.

Pato
25-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Just had a look at our Telstra T-Box, ( much to annoy SWMBO --- She said now what you doing -- Didn't answer,Just :)ed as I'm not talking unless I need to {long story}) The Audio Output from the t-Box goes to the TV input, so you may be able connect some sort of splitter, that way one set goes to the TV the other to Headphones.

I'm the same -- Can you turn that up a bit please ( mumble mumble - followed by "the Look" ) :eek:LOL. Trust me to upset the apple cart. That suggestion sounds pretty good to me. I wonder if
anyone has done it that way.

Pato
25-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Our Sony Bravia is connected to the stereo which is also connected to my wireless headphones.

That way, we get the best of both worlds :)That sounds like the ideal way of doing it but it may be a bit beyond me. It may be time to call in a technician.
What headphones are you using?.

Pato
25-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Sony put out about 3 models of wireless headphones which are designed to work with their TVs. I have one and like it a lot as being a bit deaf it lets me listen without making the TV itself too loud for others in the room.That is my problem also. Old age is catching up with me but my wife has good hearing, so you can appreciate my problem.

jinja_thom
25-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Most TVs have a stereo headphone socket, my Panasonic does and plugging headphones in has no effect on the speakers, when my wife nods off I just mute the tv and can listen without disturbing her. I use DSE headphones C08351 and find them satisfactory.

Bryan
26-05-2014, 11:39 AM
I agree with jinja_thom. Works like a charm!

Zippity
26-05-2014, 01:08 PM
That sounds like the ideal way of doing it but it may be a bit beyond me. It may be time to call in a technician.
What headphones are you using?.

Philips Wireless FM :)

CliveM
26-05-2014, 04:02 PM
My Sony Bravia has a stereo digital out jack that my wireless headphone base station is plugged into. It is entirely independent of the TV audio setup. I would expect your tv to have a similar outlet. Do you still have the manual?

John H
26-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I used to use my Sennheiser (sp?) wireless earphones with their base station plugged into the stereo amp. However, for some reason that escapes me, after we shifted house I could no longer get them to work that way. I now have the base station plugged into the audio out fittings on the HD DVD recorder and that works great. TV can be independently muted, or I can use the headphones to play the audio at a higher volume than my wife needs through the telly. She reckons I am going deaf. I reckon she mumbles.

linw
26-05-2014, 09:53 PM
A lot of the TV actors mumble, now, too!!!

Are the infra red transmission systems OK or are they inferior to wireless?

gary67
27-05-2014, 07:39 AM
I still use an old set of infra red headphones but they need replacing even I can hear the background hiss when the music stops on TV

linw
27-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Must be bad, then, Gary?!!

Pato
27-05-2014, 01:54 PM
I used to use my Sennheiser (sp?) wireless earphones with their base station plugged into the stereo amp. However, for some reason that escapes me, after we shifted house I could no longer get them to work that way. I now have the base station plugged into the audio out fittings on the HD DVD recorder and that works great. TV can be independently muted, or I can use the headphones to play the audio at a higher volume than my wife needs through the telly. She reckons I am going deaf. I reckon she mumbles.I like the Sennheiser Wireless headphones. I am looking at the RS120 which I hope has RCA plugs?. What model do you have?.

John H
27-05-2014, 06:11 PM
I have had mine for years, and the model number has nearly worn off. I think it says HDR 130 - I am assuming that is the model number. I think it was the base model at the time when I bought them. I am guessing 8-10 years, which isn't bad for electronic equipment!

Pato
28-05-2014, 02:48 PM
I have had mine for years, and the model number has nearly worn off. I think it says HDR 130 - I am assuming that is the model number. I think it was the base model at the time when I bought them. I am guessing 8-10 years, which isn't bad for electronic equipment!A good recommendation for Sennheiser phones. If mine last that long they will see me out!!

Winston001
29-05-2014, 01:05 AM
I bought a set of Philips wireless headphones a few years ago - infra-red I think. They were not comfortable and after a while they just sat unused. One of those good ideas which didn't pan out but I imagine the latest are much better. You could have them but I have no idea where they are. :spam