PDA

View Full Version : Can't get a Freeview channel

Greg
24-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Up to about 6 weeks ago I used to be able to get Al Jazeera on channel 16. Now it doesn't come on. Does anyone have a idea why?

Speedy Gonzales
24-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Looks like its down in some areas (http://freeviewforum.co.nz/page/network-status). In Wairarapa it was down there was a power outage. In Taupo the generator was hit by lightning lol wtf. I didnt see any lightning. Or hear thunder

Also some prob in Nelson yesterday

Are you usiing a Zinwell receiver or a TV with FV built in?? Looks like the ZMT-620 / 640pvr has had probs getting that channel

wuppo
24-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Some areas have had frequency changes in the last few weeks, requiring you to retune for freeview. More info on channel 500.

rumpty
25-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Up to about 6 weeks ago I used to be able to get Al Jazeera on channel 16. Now it doesn't come on. Does anyone have a idea why?

I have the same problem with Al Jazeera, and I'm using a Zinwell ZMT-620 STB. I hope they fix it soon!

Does anyone know the technicalities of why a single channel like this can't be received? It (ch16, Al Jazeera) is definitely found in the station scan.

Greg
29-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Just to update.. solved the problem by re-doing an auto scan. Thanks for the suggestions.

dugimodo
29-05-2014, 05:37 PM
So what's on Al Jazeera? to my uneducated ears it sounds like the terrorist channel (sorry no offense meant).
I wouldn't know if I can receive it as I've never watched it :)

gary67
29-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Al jazezra news

Greg
29-05-2014, 06:07 PM
So what's on Al Jazeera? to my uneducated ears it sounds like the terrorist channel (sorry no offense meant).
I wouldn't know if I can receive it as I've never watched it :)I used to think that too! Especially after El Quada used to use them to report various responsibilities. But in fact it's a respectable alternative to BBC news.

Terry Porritt
30-05-2014, 11:45 AM
The American administration hated Al Jazeera before and during the Gulf War because it was reporting what was actually happening, which didn't conform with the Bush/Blair lies.

cookee
30-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Just to update.. solved the problem by re-doing an auto scan. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rescans from time to time are not a bad thing. A few weeks ago after doing that "APNA" appeared, an Indian channel showing a variety of entertainment shows, Bollywood movies etc.

Some of them are quite cheesy but if you don't mind the singing and dancing they can be a laugh, and many have sub-titles anyway, although with the Indian penchant for switching between Hindi & English mid-sentence it's not always needed :-)

During some recent carpet-relaying I finally installed a CAT6 cable from the Router to the FV box and there have been a couple of updates via this which improved the recording and booked program features.

potz
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
get sky?

Greg
02-06-2014, 04:06 PM
get sky? If you're asking me? Nah. Have MySky at g/f's place where I spend half my time, so Igloo is good enough for me when I'm home.