PDA

View Full Version : IE11 browser is bugging me

linw
23-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Wonder if anyone has a suggestion where I could look to find a really specific problem I have with my own win 8.1 comp and IE11.

The problem is with www.computerlounge.co.nz. When I click on the Components header I get this:-
--------------------------
Computerlounge.co.nz - Internal Server Error.
We are sorry, but an error seems to have occured in the webpage that you were trying to load.

If the error occured during the processing of a transaction, please email us at info@computerlounge.co.nz and let us know

If the error occured in another part of the system, you may wish to try reloading or go to our home page.

(Pity about their spelling!).
--------------------------

I have unloaded IE and re-loaded it a couple of times, set to default settings, and checked settings against my netbook that doesn't have this problem. A new laptop just finished working on is fine, as well.

I have run mine -extoff and nothing changes. The OK comps running with -extoff still load that page fine. I have also run scannow which returned an OK result.

The errant page seems to have a different 'moving pictures' header from the other pages. Maybe a web developer could see if this is different from all the other sections that might provide a clue to my problem?

I would add that there is one way I can get it to load and that is to untick the Internet Options\Security protected mode. This may be another clue.

OK, it is a trifling problem in the grander scheme of things but it still bugs me!!

Not expecting anyone to spend time on this but just maybe someone has a quick idea for me to look at.

TIA.

wainuitech
23-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Have you tried Compatibility Mode ? While, if it works wont tell you what the problem is ( as its only on the One computer) it may allow it to work. Go to Computer Lounge, To get to the option go to Cog top right hand corner under the X or press Alt + X Click on Compatibility View Settings -- Computer lounge should be listed already, click Add / OK. Go out of the site and come back in.

Works Fine here on W8.1 + IE11

Agent_24
23-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Still using IE10 here, last time I tried IE11 it was full of broken websites that compatibility mode didn't even fix.

linw
23-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Yep, sorry WT, I omitted to say, have tried compatibility mode and it still didn't work.

Good move, agent, as I have had a few other problems with IE11 like program has stopped etc. It seems more stable now but I still have this bloody aggravating issue! I tried going back to FF but just didn't get the right feel with it. Hard to say why I gravitate back to IE11.

Cheers, guys.

PeterQ
24-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I had the same problem so went to Chrome , that was OK and much quicker

wuppo
24-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I uninstalled IE11 as a site I use has an expired certificate and IE11 doesn't allow you to acknowledge the warning and continue on - it has no popup to allow this. Back to IE10 and you get the button to continue on to the site.

Agent_24
24-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Good move, agent, as I have had a few other problems with IE11 like program has stopped etc. It seems more stable now but I still have this bloody aggravating issue!

Yeah I tried it on my previous install of Windows 7, had broken sites and other issues... when I reinstalled and upgraded to 64bit I didn't bother, only installed IE10. I don't use it much but do like it to work when I do...

jinja_thom
25-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I use IE11 on 7 and 8.1 and the link works OK with Protected Mode on. my only complaint with it is it sometimes won't page backwards.

linw
26-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Yea, everyone else's 8.1 works OK! There is something very weird with just my main comp.

That no-page-backward one is also annoying, given that MS doesn't seem in a hurry to fix it. It happens here when I try to go back after a google enquiry. I have to click on the enquiry again. You'd think someone in MS would be embarrassed by this wouldn't you?

wainuitech
26-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Yea, everyone else's 8.1 works OK! There is something very weird with just my main comp.

That no-page-backward one is also annoying, given that MS doesn't seem in a hurry to fix it. It happens here when I try to go back after a google enquiry. I have to click on the enquiry again. You'd think someone in MS would be embarrassed by this wouldn't you?

Are you saying the back arrow is not there, or it wont let you go back pages ?

If its just not going back pages, its not only IE that does that, I seen it and had it happen on both Chrome and FF, its as if the page is holding you there, and right clicking the back arrow selecting a previous page jumps it back.

nmercer
26-05-2014, 12:54 PM

sounds like google is doing an automated redirect

click back twice

linw
26-05-2014, 10:19 PM
@WT The back arrow is there.

@nmercer. The dbl click was a remedy I recall.

But, now I try a search and IE now goes back to the search results just like it used to do!!! I dunno, I give up. Maybe a recent update sorted it??

linw
27-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I feel like I am going mad. Not only does the back arrow work after a search but the Components section of computerlounge works as well.

I logged out of CL and then the Components page showed. Mmmmm, is that the trick I say? Gave it a bit of a bashing then logged in again. That worked as well!! It messed up once but then it has worked for a lot of tries.

Wonder who changed what??

Will give it a week to see whether it has sorted itself permanently.

wainuitech
27-05-2014, 10:06 PM
I feel like I am going mad. Not only does the back arrow work after a search but the Components section of computerlounge works as well.

I logged out of CL and then the Components page showed. Mmmmm, is that the trick I say? Gave it a bit of a bashing then logged in again. That worked as well!! It messed up once but then it has worked for a lot of tries.

Wonder who changed what??

Will give it a week to see whether it has sorted itself permanently. Narrrrr Someones just messing with ya :D

linw
28-05-2014, 10:16 AM
That could very well be right!! Certainly seems that way sometimes. Especially if you add the win 8.1 sleep issue, although even that seems to be in remission.

For donkeys years I have always had good stable well behaved setups but that changed a little from win 8.1 on.

Maybe the gremlins are working their way out :D Hope so.

First world problems though.