PDA

View Full Version : iPhone and ActiveSync for Exchange

kingdragonfly
23-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this.

My organizations uses ActiveSync for Exchange.

I get a lot of automated emails.

I have many rules in Outlook. I redirect these automated emails to my custom Outlook folders, based on the "from" or "to" email addresses.

I have an iPhone.

I have been able to get my emails, from the built-in mail client.

However I only get alerted if the mail goes to my inbox.

Is there any way to get alerted for new emails to my Outlook folders?

I only care about emails, not contacts, nor calendars.

Remember this is for ActiveSync, not OWA.

Is this a problem with ActiveSync, or the built-in iPhone mail client. Ultimately will a third-party iPhone mail client fix the alerting.

Webdevguy
23-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Had a but of a search on google and got this from Apple support forums

I have been having this issue with one of my user in the company. I spent good 3 hours and finally figured it out. If you go to Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars > Account (your email account you use on ipad / iphone) > Mail Folders to Push. Tick all the folders you want to get push notification for. All your unread emails should now be pushed to specified folders. It may take some time for all the unread emails to be pushed to the folders. So if you dont see them straight away dont worry just wait (depends how many unread emails you have) and it will be there later.

unfortunately apple doesnt have the option to select all folder by ticking once so you have to tick each folder one by one. And if you have 100+ folders then give your fingers a good message after completing the ticking.

hope this helps

kingdragonfly
24-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for that, webdevguy

Webdevguy
24-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks for that, webdevguy

Awesome!