PDA

View Full Version : Problem - Network Error.

Bryan
23-05-2014, 09:14 AM
I am running MS Office 2007. This morning I have an error appearing on both WIN8 and WIN7 o/s (Dual booting on the same PC).

The error requires me to enter the Network Password.
Server is: send.xtra.co.nz
User name: sibree1
Password: *******
and finally, save in password list, Y or N.

I have tried to save it, rebooted and still have a problem. I did sometime ago have another PC attached but that was taken off weeks ago. Also I cannot find the network password. I have tried to send an email from MS outlook but it has been held up.

I am very unsure of networking and I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Can anyone offer advice please?

Speedy Gonzales
23-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Did you ring telecom to see if they're having issues?

kingdragonfly
23-05-2014, 09:30 AM
As you probably know, "send.xtra.co.nz" is an Xtra email server, so it's not a network problem, but an email problem.

I assume your email address is "sibree1@.xtra..."

If you've forgotten your password, try this

http://selfservice.xtra.co.nz/live/selfservice/forgotpwd/

wainuitech
23-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Just had someone call me with the excat same problem -- So it could the Xtra ( usual reliable service that it is) :rolleyes:

wainuitech
23-05-2014, 10:46 AM
UPDATE: the problem is with xtra -- since 8.45, had 5 calls from people on xtra ALL having the exact same problem.

wratterus
23-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Same here. They need to ditch Yahoo so badly...
http://telecom.co.nz/help/servicealert/emailservicealert/

Bryan
23-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Looks like it is now back to normal. Thanks to you all for responding.

Blue Druid
23-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Oh no it's not! First there were authentication errors (as previously noted) now their webmail site has fallen over completely (their "error 14" whatever that means.) There have been moments when mail has got through in one direction or another but I have email sent since 8:00 am this morning that has not been received and others that just won't send due to the recurring authentication error. I agree, it's time Yahoo was consigned to the bin. Their service is too erratic to be useful.