PDA

View Full Version : junkware?

jayal
22-05-2014, 08:47 PM
"thisisudax.org" a junkware removal tool - any comments/advice about this programme?

Speedy Gonzales
22-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Never heard of it. Some sites say its safe but should not be used unless you're with someone who knows what they're doing or removing. Probably easier to use something like malwarebytes

wainuitech
22-05-2014, 09:26 PM
I use it all the time, it works quite well, its known as JRT, its also on Bleeping computer and they dont usually post "fake" software. But like most antimalware tools doesn't get everything, so you need others ( as Speedy said Malwarebytes2 )

The only thing I dont like about it is it wipes the eventvwr logs, and theres no way to stop it doing it (no options)

jayal
22-05-2014, 09:36 PM
thanks Speedy/Wainui, used it a coupla times and no problems, just thought I'd check, I'm reassured - Thanks to Speedy i use MalwareBytes regularly, - must be working Speedy , haven't had to bother you for some time. thanks - cheers

Lawrence
23-05-2014, 07:26 AM
JRT is a great tool,run it once a month sometimes finds the odd thing

The first time you run it is interesting though as you think Christ,what going to happen as there is usually a long list of conflicts but nothing has happened on a few comps used on