PDA

View Full Version : XP 1600+ & CPU Temp

13-12-2001, 03:00 PM
Hey ya all

My new Custom build PC arrived yesterday it is a iCute Midi twr ATX Case (2 HDD Fans), 320W PSU, Gigabte KT266a M/board, AMD XP 1600+ (Tiger heatsink & fan), 256 DDR Ram, 40Gb HDD, Sony CDRW, AGP GeForce 2 GTS/Pro 64mb DDR Ram TV out, Sound Blaster Live Value, Dynalink External Modem and running Win XP Pro.

Now my system Temp is at 39c and my CPU Temp is aroud 48-49c talked to place i bought it from they said that is fine. I just want to know wot is safe to be running at or if any1 else has similar PC wot theirs is running at and then i can decide if i need more fans for the summer.

Cheers all
Merry Christmas

13-12-2001, 04:03 PM
temps can be tricky as motherboard senors are not always accurate. cpu temp is ok but system is a tad to warm. check your case, psu fan set up. 2 hdd fans....do u mean 2 harddisk drive fans or 2 case fans? check how they are set up as they may cause a 'short ciruit' which means the rest of the case gets poor airflow and high case temps.

13-12-2001, 05:40 PM
When i mean 2 HDD fans i'm talking about 2 fans in front of the HDD/Hard Disk Drive or bottom front of case. When you mean a 'short Circuit' are you meaning that the air isn't flowing to the back of the case because of obstruction eg; IDE cables hanging around and in the way.

Explain please
Da 'Saw

14-12-2001, 07:55 PM
If you take this mean machine on the road, you must be aware that the regulation in force since March 1 2001 says that if it emits a 'continuous stream of smoke or vapour for 10 seconds or more', you can be fined $150.

So there. ;<)>.