PDA

View Full Version : Can't load any drivers on a new build

lostsoul62
21-05-2014, 05:42 AM
Can't load any drivers on a new build
I built an i5 4670 on a G1 Sniper Z87 motherboard and I loaded up Windows 7 and it boots just fine. I put in my Motherboard DVD and click on G setup and it go back to my screen and nothing happens and I did that with the Video card DVD and the same thing. Then I copied my motherboard data to my Hard Drive and the same thing, it won't load.

PS: Does anyone know how I can get an email when someone answers my post?

gary67
21-05-2014, 07:41 AM
You have to click subscribe to the thread in the advanced window

pctek
21-05-2014, 07:49 AM
I put in my Motherboard DVD and click on G setup and it go back to my screen and nothing happens

Go into the actual driver folder and run the specific driver setup.
Or download them....obviously you'll need to do that from a different PC and put them on a USB drive or something.

minster
21-05-2014, 08:09 AM
http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4802#dl

lostsoul62
21-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I've tried 2 DVD's Burners and when I try to load the motherboard drivers I get "Msg Run Setup fail, please check your CD/DVD ROM" and I get the same message when I try and run the motherboard drivers from the Hard Drive and I watch the DVD ROM drivers loader correctly. I don't know what "You have to click subscribe to the thread in the advanced window" means? Please explain?

lostsoul62
21-05-2014, 08:39 AM
After putting in the 2nd DVD and rebooting then letting the DVD come up with the exe. it now works.

How can I edit my posts?

CliveM
21-05-2014, 10:41 AM
You can only edit your posts for the few minutes after you post.

If instead of 'Post quick reply' you use 'Go Advanced' you fill find the option to suscribe to the thread.

dugimodo
21-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Or if you want to auto subscribe click the settings button at the top of the page and under general settings, Default Thread Subscription Mode: select something like "daily via E-mail" That's the setting I use and it E-mails me updates for any threads I post in daily. You can alos chose weekly or instant.

wratterus
21-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Are you sure windows has installed to the C drive? Not a different drive letter?

wainuitech
21-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Are you sure windows has installed to the C drive? Not a different drive letter? Seen that happen a few times especially if there is a card reader plugged in, windows does install, but the drive letter may be something else like E, F for example, which causes all sorts of problems.

Speedy Gonzales
21-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Yup thats happened to me before. I had to unplug the card reader to install Windows then plug it back in after. Altho, I didnt have to do it to reinstall Win8

That 100mb partition in Win7 used to screw things up too. I had to make the partitions bigger so setup wouldnt create it. Otherwise after Win7 was installed (If setup created that 100mb partition) it tried to boot from it