PDA

View Full Version : e-mail archive files

13-12-2001, 01:58 PM
Earlier this year I archived a portion of my e-mail using OE5 archive feature. The Inbox file is stored on a zip disc, about 40mb.
I need to read this file but I cannot open it to read, even after restoring it into the same folder alongside the current Inbox e-mails. Any suggestions would be helpful. File extension is .dbx as are all the current files. Trying to open it directly from the zip disc gives me a message that the file is too large for Notepad, try Wordpad. After about 5 minutes Wordpad produces a great deal of unreadable rubbish. I have also tried to import the file from the zip disk but it is not recognised by OE5.

13-12-2001, 08:58 PM
Hello Alan,

You should be able to access yor archived e-mail, using the OE, import from stored directory function, if for any reason this will not work ( sometimes, no matter what you do OE will not recognise archived Mail)all is not lost, there is a small utility especially written for this problem, it is called DBxtract and is freeware, just type the name into your favourite search engine and you should find it.
from then on restoring your mail is simple.

Alan