PDA

View Full Version : Lost sound on my Acer Aspire Timeline U

Aporosa
17-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire Timeline U laptop running windows 7. Anti-virus up to date. All was sweet and then I went to copy some video off my screen using Any Video Recorder, a screen capture software, and I have lost all sound. When I go into my Control Panel and Sound and do a sound test it works fine, although I cant play MP3's, videos etc and hear the sound. My sound is not muted. Can't find anything online either... damn thing:confused:. Can you help please? Cheers, Apo

Aporosa
17-05-2014, 01:26 PM
...have rebooted but this did not fix issue...

Agent_24
17-05-2014, 01:58 PM
So you hear sound when you do the test?

Have you checked that the Win7 sound control is not muting your specific application?

Have you checked that the right audio device is set as the default one?

wainuitech
17-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Go Into the control Panel, under sounds/Playback, make sure the laptop Audio output is set as default.

If it is and its only effecting the media player, then depending on the player look in its output settings and make sure its using the default output, not ANyVideo.

For example Of you were using WMP, heres the default settings, under the drop down box if you have other audio devices such as AnyVideo, theres a chance the player has made it as the default:

All thats more than likely happened is AnyVideo has made its self the default somewhere.

Aporosa
17-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks Wainuitech (and Agent 24). FIXED!!!! Legend, thanks so much... yes, my default setting had changed to "AnySoft Virtual Sound Device" when it should have been "Speakers". Changed the default and good to go.. I really appreciate your help, PRESS F1 and longtime support techs (like wainuitech) are the ducks-nutz... thanks guys, Apo