PDA

View Full Version : computer running slow.....

Lillia101080
15-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Need some things that i can do to make my laptop go faster. kids play on it and its running real slow. This is what i have Toshisa satellite c675 windows 7 home premium processor amd-e-300 apu with radeon(tm) hd graphics 1.30ghz installed memory 4.0 gb (3.61gb usable)
:thanks

Speedy Gonzales
15-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Could be something they've / you've installed. If ccleaner is installed, go to tools / uninstall. Click on save to text file. Copy and paste whats here. Do the same thing for startup. Tools / startup. Save to text file

pctek
15-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Could be something they've / you've installed.

Entirely likely something they've installed.
Like spyware.

Ccleaner will remove temp files and cookies and such, but you should also run at least 2 antispywares on it.

And on a regular basis if kids are using it.

dugimodo
15-05-2014, 10:01 AM
If you do what Speedy suggests we can suggest what software you possibly don't need/ shouldn't have.

As a general guide to speeding up your PC though;
Remove (uninstall) any unwanted or unused programs - especially those that sit running in the task bar. Using the add remove programs tool or the uninstaller for the program is the best way, tools like Revo uninstaller can help remove lingering traces

Remove any and all toolbars that have been added to your browser and any other unwanted addons
Run windows disk cleanup tool or even better install and Run ccleaner to remove temporary files and the like and free up drive space
Do a full virus scan
Do a full malware scan as well - not the same thing. Malware Bytes Anti malware is one good tool

An extreme measure when things are really bad is to reset the PC back to how it was supplied with a fresh install of windows or recovery tools supplied with the laptop, this will lose your data and installed programs most likely so it's not to be done without some forethought.

If the laptop has a user replaceable hard drive the ultimate speed up is to buy an SSD to replace the hard drive and do a fresh install of windows on it. An expensive option but unless you have an SSD already it's the biggest improvement most laptops can have. I compromised and bought a hybrid SSD/HDD myself (seagate SSHD).
Again this one is extreme and take s a bit of work

15-05-2014, 10:06 AM
amd-e-300 ... 1.30ghz

Thats a spec from last century :)
Honestly, its a very low spec, slow CPU.
Be realistic , Dont expect alot from it, it wont ever be a gaming PC (except for the more basic of games)
https://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111217121118AAAxQnq

Plus the kids would probably have filled it up with crud. If you have the Tosh restore CD's , do a system restore. Or it may have a restore partition for this
Or at least use the Tosh utilty (if its there) to make some restore CD's while you can

Speedy Gonzales
15-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Or next time you're here. Install teamviewer on it (http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx). I could have a look from here. Once you install it, send me a PM with the ID and password it gives you.

So I can log in

Lillia101080
15-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks I had the recovery disk and just did that. It runs a lot faster. i just have to get anti stuff but on it and then i should be good to. thanks again