PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP

NZHawk
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I've just had 3 WinXP computer
come up with the same error when trying to run a program:

this seems too coincidental
any idea's as to why this is now happening &/or how to get rid of it.
I know there is a bypass /NCRC
but again seems too coincidental to just now show up on 3 different computers.

any thoughts?

Speedy Gonzales
12-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Have you been to that site??

If any of the following applies disable them (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error)

If it was downloaded, it maybe incomplete or damaged

wainuitech
12-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Just going to post the same link :) looks like the programs turned turtle. What are you trying to install ?

NZHawk
12-05-2014, 07:06 PM
it seems to popup on any program: 7zip, defraggler are the ones I tried.

Speedy Gonzales
12-05-2014, 07:08 PM
So it doesnt matter if you download then try to run it, or run it (if it installs), it brings up the same error?

Umm Nvidia firewall isnt on all 3 of these is it?? It was known to corrupt nearly anything and everything if you installed it

wainuitech
12-05-2014, 07:14 PM
it seems to popup on any program: 7zip, defraggler are the ones I tried. Are these programs already installed or are you trying to install them ? is it only on XP ( eg: w7 /8 works OK) If you are trying to install, if on the same media say a flash drive it may be the drive thats the problem, or something has corrupted them on the drive.

NZHawk
12-05-2014, 07:55 PM
correct ~ I copied them from a flash drive to the hdd
tried to install got the error
tried to install them from the flash drive ~ got the error as well
haven't tried install on Win7 or 8
seems odd as the 3rd computer wasn't in my office ~ the owner called me stating the same problem.
The programs were only able to be installed through a cmd prompt /NCRC

re: Nvidia firewall ~ not certain at this time

Speedy Gonzales
12-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Might be the flash drive then get them online then see what happens

NZHawk
12-05-2014, 08:39 PM
will try ~ have to wait until tomorrow morning ~ will report back 1st thing. ~ Thank you :)

NZHawk
12-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Speedy you're right the flash drive is a common denominator between the 3 computers. ~ I'll scan it tomorrow.

Speedy Gonzales
12-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Its either the flash drive or the usb ports. But I doubt 3 usb ports would be faulty or have the same prob

wainuitech
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
The reason I mentioned the flash drive, is one of my own has been playing silly buggers for a few weeks now, at complete random it will make some programs or folders I use every day suddenly disappear or the programs wont work.

I've got backups of the Drive/original programs, and reformatted it, put them all back and same thing happens within a few days. About time to break out a new Flash drive I think :)

NZHawk
13-05-2014, 09:43 AM
wainuitech,
thanks for the insight ~ have had this flash drive for a while.
will try same programs with new drive ~ after I scan

NZHawk
13-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Speedy, the installs do work when downloaded from the internet,
this would lead to a verification of what wainuitech is eluding to that the flash drive is buggered.

the scan of the flash drive is indicating some infections ~ not done yet

Speedy Gonzales
13-05-2014, 10:22 AM
I would scan those 3 computers too. One of them maybe infected with a worm or something. If the flash drive is infected. And even if you remove whatever from the flash drive, those computers may infect it again, if one of them are infected

NZHawk
13-05-2014, 11:29 AM
I agree ~ have already moved ahead with that ~ thank you