PDA

View Full Version : XP & Adverts

Poppa John
09-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi All.
I have noticed that I am getting a lot of pictorial adverts that I have not been getting before XP support was pulled.
I had Adblock installed & did a 'repair' as it suggested. But still as bad.
Are these extra ads because I am using XP still? (Yeah I know but don't say it).
What can I do about ti? (Again, don't say it). Thanks. PJ

gary67
09-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Is addblock actually running. It won't be because XP support has ended despite the doomsayers

Poppa John
09-05-2014, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=gary67;1196570]Is addblock actually running. It won't be because XP support has ended despite the doomsayers[/QUOTE

]Gary...Where do I look to see if it IS running? PJ

B.M.
09-05-2014, 09:26 PM
John I havenít updated XP since SP2 so havenít experienced any problems since XP support finished. :D

However, a mate experienced a bombardment of pop-ups with his new Win 8.1 machine which turned out to be a firefox add-on that had taken up residence. :annoyed:

Iím not suggesting it is part of firefox, but rather an intruder.

So open your Add-Onís and see if there is something there that shouldnít be. ;)

Poppa John
09-05-2014, 09:43 PM
John I haven’t updated XP since SP2 so haven’t experienced any problems since XP support finished. :D

However, a mate experienced a bombardment of pop-ups with his new Win 8.1 machine which turned out to be a firefox add-on that had taken up residence. :annoyed:

I’m not suggesting it is part of firefox, but rather an intruder.

So open your Add-On’s and see if there is something there that shouldn’t be. ;)

OK...Where do I find those addons? PJ

wainuitech
09-05-2014, 10:13 PM
OK...Where do I find those addons? PJ The following is assuming you have the latest version: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons

B.M.
10-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Or you could just open your Browser (Firefox) and hit Ctrl+Shift+A and that should get you straight to your Add-ons.

Tell us what you have under Extensions. Adblock Plus should be one of them, but what else is there?

Poppa John
10-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Having a bad day...Back later. PJ