PDA

View Full Version : Avast GrimFighter?

Billy
27-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Has anyone tried Avast GrimFighter? Is there a free version? Would you recommend it?

I normally don't approve of optimisers but this one is from Avast.

wainuitech
27-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Just because its avast doesn't mean its any good ( just the opposite actually) . Just have a read of the reviews on line, a HIGH % say its rubbish.

Always makes me wonder why people want to put on "optimisers" to increase performance. :groan:

Think about it -- What can cause slowness -- to many programs running in the background is only one, so lets just add another to run, that will tell you or disable others :rolleyes:

Those optimisers don't do ANYTHING that a good spring clean and manual maintenance will do.

Just a few comments from various forums:

If you go to the Avast website you will find many posts from people complaining that it doesn't work. Nor will the program tell you what it is going to clean for the few that have gotten it to work.
lol.. an entire page of responses and only 1 person saying they could get it run.

That's a pretty terrible product launch.
Hmmmmmm ( following comment)

GrimeFighter works its magic by booting into Linux, which allows it to detect and remove files that can't be detected while Windows is running
I tried it twice. Both times it showed a sign saying it was sorry but couldn't run, even though my computer met all its requirements.

You want a speed increase instantly ?? REMOVE avast, your system will be quicker, Avast is going VERY fast the same way as AVG, useless and a system Hog. :groan:

28-04-2014, 09:18 AM
I normally don't approve of optimisers but this one is from Avast.

These companies are all in business to make money. It doesnt really seem to matter to them if the product is usefull or not. Remember RAM defraggers ?
I remember back in the day, Symantec had a similar type of product . When run, it would actually give the recommendation that the Symantec optimiser
product be turned off/disabled :banana

Avast AV isnt that bad if you do a custom install & untick all the useless plugins/options , leaving only email & file AV enabled .
It now seems to almost be a race to see who can put out AV/internet security with the most bells & whistles (& flashy useless interface)

wainuitech
28-04-2014, 10:54 AM
These companies are all in business to make money
It now seems to almost be a race to see who can put out AV/internet security with the most bells & whistles (& flashy useless interface)

usually the more "features" added the easier it is to break and fails all by its self.

To Quote Scotty from Star Trek (The Search for Spock)

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." :D