PDA

View Full Version : Syncbackfree options

bk T
23-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Just downloaded and installed Syncbackfree. I've two question:

1. Is there an option to backup only those new files, or it backs up all those files in the specified folder?

2. Can I select more than 1 folder to back up?

Cheers

gary67
23-04-2014, 12:00 PM
1 you can if you set rules. You can also have a backup where everything gets backed up, a mirror where it always keeps the latest of everything or a few other options that can be customised.

2 you can but I think from memory you need to create a profile for each one if they are in different locations.

Just ran my back up this morning as I'm going away tomorrow. I used to have them scheduled but because we don't leave our computers on 24/7 I just run them manually on a Friday now.

pctek
23-04-2014, 03:53 PM
1. Is there an option to backup only those new files, or it backs up all those files in the specified folder?

2. Can I select more than 1 folder to back up?

Cheers

Yes, you create profiles and select SYNC - which checks amended and new files - both sides.

8ftmetalhaed
25-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I use sync to keep files up to date between my laptop and my desktop. One thing you have to watch out for though, is if there's a particular file you want to remove you have to remove it from both sides of the sync else it'll just keep recreating it whenever it's run.