PDA

View Full Version : Driver update

Krad
22-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I have just updated to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit from XP and my scanner will not work. It is a Vuego Scan Brisa 640u and I can't find a suitable driver . BenQ no longer supports with the driver that worked with XP. I am considering getting a new scanner that will do film and slides, such as the Epson 370 for about $330. or just staying with the old one which is fine for most copying if I can get a driver.
I was thinking of buying a driver update program like Driver Reviver rated highly by Top 10 Reviews which would ensure all my drivers were up to date . It also backs up current drivers on the computer for later use if needed.
Any suggestions appreciated.

wainuitech
22-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Suggest you DONT go buying any of those driver programs, Take it from experience, seen many customers computers turn to total rubbish after those programs install all sorts of crap and bad drivers.

If you want to update drivers then go to the manufactures web site.

re the scanner -- Sometimes hardware/drivers simply get to old and there is no replacement, its a fact of life.

ronyville
22-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Something to try..

Go to start -> all programs -> photo gallery -> click on import. Make sure the scanner is connected. This may or may not work. If it does than you may not need the drivers.