PDA

View Full Version : "Install your power management system driver"

Chikara
20-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi all,

I just did a fresh install of Win 7 on my 5 year old PC as it was sluggish.
So far so good, but Windows action centre is giving me a message "Install your power management system driver".
If I click the action centre message, it gives me a link to download a driver from Asus -file is a zipped "AMDCoolnQuiet_Utility_V21801_XPVistaWin7" file. When I extract and install, it installs with no errors. But if I run the installed program (Asus CoolnQuiet", I get an error saying "This CPU Doesn't support Cool n Quiet function".
And the Action Centre message remains.

This is a desktop machine, Win 7 64 bit, with a Asus P7P55D PRO m/b, and CPU is a Intel Core i7 860. Win 7 64bit.
The current windows power plan is high performance.

How do I fix this message from Action Centre?

Thanks in advance

Speedy Gonzales
20-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Cool and Quiet as you may have figured out is for AMD processors not Intel like yours. If its online go to its entry in device manager and update it it may find it then install it

It maybe the ATK0110 driver here under utils (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/)

Dont forget the chipset drivers as well

Chikara
21-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Yes, I thought Cool & Quiet was wrong for my CPU, but then I have a ATI/AMD GPU so I thought the message might have been for that and tried to install it anyway (especially because the Action Centre specifically gave me that link).

The ATK0110 driver, I had seen that previously when on the Asus page but didn't know what it was. Asus's description of their software is hopeless! Anyway I downloaded it and tried to installed it - I have no idea whether it worked or not, as after double clicking the file there was no installation screen or licence acceptance screen appearing. For a fraction of a second I see a command shell window appear with some text, but it disappears too fast to be able to read. No message at the end to indicate if it's succeeded or failed, and no new items in my program list or as far as I can see, device manager.
The message is still there in Action Centre.

I did notice in the same Asus page, there is a program called Asus AI suite, which includes a function called Asus Fan Expert. Whether that has something to do with the power management driver message, I'm not sure. I've also downloaded and installed that too, it runs fine (at least on my screen, can't tell if it's adjustign the fan controls yet) but still the message stays in Action Centre...

Speedy Gonzales
21-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Are there any entries in device manager that dont have drivers?

Speedy Gonzales
21-04-2014, 09:36 AM
It maybe talking about EPU engine

Chikara
21-04-2014, 12:07 PM
There seems to be no problems in Device Manager, no exclamation points against any items there.
The EPU is built into the CPU, correct? Maybe I also need one of the other Asus utility programs from their support page? I found their support page very unhelpful, it doesn't really explain what each different bit of software does, and when a user should install them or not...

wainuitech
21-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Try the ASUS EPU-6 Engine from the utilities list.

ASUS EPU-6 Engine is a ASUS motherboard power management utility that automatically balance its power usage according to the system load.

The EPU is built into the CPU, correct?

Seems no ;)

Chikara
21-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Great, I installed the EPU-6 Engine and that seems to have fixed the message now! Thanks muchly!