PDA

View Full Version : annoying autoplay dialouge for a drive that is meant to be hidden

williamF
19-04-2014, 10:40 PM
every so and often I sometimes get a random "autoplay" dialogue with the heading "(G: ) (or similar) system reserved" which flickers in and disappears which is annoying when typing as it interrupts, when I look through the disk manager it says it doesnt have a drive letter and is thus hidden in explorer but somehow it randomly shows up with a drive letter and tries to autoplay the "disk" then all of a sudden realises it is meant to be a hidden drive and hides it. Does anyone know what is going on

sony Vaio VPCEA16FG
running win7 home prem SP1 64 bit
i5 M520 2.4ghz
4gig ram
500gig HDd

cautious surfer, avast and malwarebytes,
edit: seems to be more apparent when there is no internet connection. rootkit or perhaps just an amazing co-incidence ?

williamF
19-04-2014, 10:52 PM
I caught the bastard in the act 5686 i dont know if this will help any but that is the box that pops up

wainuitech
19-04-2014, 10:59 PM
If you have TomTom software installed either disable or uninstall it. Its reported to give the problem.

williamF
20-04-2014, 12:10 PM
If you have TomTom software installed either disable or uninstall it. Its reported to give the problem.

ah ok, i do have that tom tom updater software, just disabled it from starting when windows starts, thanks for the help