PDA

View Full Version : Latest phone scan/spam

Greg
19-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Half an hour ago I took a call at my g/f's place - the sketchy, rough sound indicated immediately - oh - fun here!

But it was a new one... trying to sell us a subscription to the local Newspaper plus free NZ magazines. Hmm. This one was for the Dominion Post.

These scammers are doing a bit of research to try and take in local markets.

Before the call ended there was a bit of silence - clearly while the scammer was consulting his honcho - and the call was cut off by the shid-piece.

As usual - scratchy sounds; dodgy accent and the sudden cut-off of the conversation.

Please warn your grandma's!

Zippity
19-04-2014, 08:52 PM
I love the phone calls that start with 3 or 4 seconds of deadly silence - a great clue that it is a "sell" call, or SPAM.

Better still, I love yelling: "FU*K OFF AND ANNOY SOMEBODY ELSE" before I hang up on them.

Childish I know - but fun :) :) :)

Bobh
19-04-2014, 09:16 PM
I usually cut them short and tell them that I am not interested then hang up.

dugimodo
19-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Too polite Bob, I just hang up. No need to speak to these people.

R2x1
19-04-2014, 11:30 PM
I like the electronic laughing machine - works on phone as well as door-to-door sales spiellers and wandering missionaries.

I must confess, it is better if you can see the face of the one being laughed at. :D

pctek
20-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Please warn your grandma's!

Both mine are long dead.
I'm the grandma now....

What you can do is ask them to hold a moment....put the phone down gently on the bench and go off and do something else.....play a game, watch a movie, garden, whatever.......

Poppa John
20-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Both mine are long dead.
I'm the grandma now....

What you can do is ask them to hold a moment....put the phone down gently on the bench and go off and do something else.....play a game, watch a movie, garden, whatever.......

SOO Grandma...Be warned. PJ

stuffed
20-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I have a recording on the iPhone of police radio chat and have a voice over saying "keep them on the line - nearly traced it". Works a treat and the calls have dropped off dramatically!