PDA

View Full Version : The MSE popup warning

Poppa John
18-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Hi All
Now that the XP Support is gone I keep getting this warning from MS. I cannot see the MSEE in add/remove. How can I stop this please. PJ.

Speedy Gonzales
18-04-2014, 12:11 PM
According to some sites you cant.Other than uninstalling it

wainuitech
18-04-2014, 01:28 PM
You may be able to remove the actual Update by searching in the installed updates for KB2934207 or if its the actual message tick "Don't show this message again" BUT it more than likely wont stop the message from appearing in the MS security.

This will only get worse as Xp is no longer supported. MANY manufactures dont support XP & Vista any more either Eg: driver updates.

http://www.pagestart.com/winxpkb2934207030514.html

Had this exact thing happen yesterday - Person still wanted to use their Vista ( couldn't afford a new OS) and gigabyte don't have graphic drivers for it anymore.

Winston001
19-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Got extremely annoyed with the MSE popups tonight and uninstalled the thing. Done.

I'm now running Avast.

zqwerty
19-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Try having a look in Scheduled Tasks, may be there.

I look after an XP computer for friends and it started giving the warning a few days after last months updates and MSSE went Red.

However although nobody did anything it has now stopped and MSSE is back to being green.

Also found this whilst looking on Google at above problem:

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-corrects-windows-xpsecurity-essentials-bug-7000028585/#ftag=RSSf468ffe&foo=Microsoft%20corrects%20Windows%20XP/Security%20Essentials%20bug%2004-18-2014&des=A%20bad%20update%20caused%20users%20of%20many% 20Microsoft%20security%20products,%20not%20just%20 Security%20Essentials,%20to%20experience%20\%22int errupted%20service\%22.%20The%20latest%20update%20 fixes%20the%20problem.

SP8's
19-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Person still wanted to use their Vista

:eek: Are you serious ???

They should have scrapped Vista and kept XP going. 7 isn't so bad, but 8 is an abomination thought up by weed affected techies :nerd: who are so young they haven't got a clue what a desktop computer and LED/LCD NON-touch screens are.

They have little or no respect for the older generation (including their parents) who are just getting the hang of using a keyboard and mouse. Now they only have to touch the screen to be inexplicably driven through the web, with no control whatsoever, to the dark side ... all red with XXX signs and women (and men I believe) who are in various stages of undress.

No longer can they say "I pushed the wrong button" they now have to learn a new phrase "I only touched the bloody thing!" ... as if anyone is going to believe that !

You may as well jump ahead a few more years when everything is "visually" operated on a heads up display and they'll have to learn another more complicated new phrase ... "I only looked at the bloody thing" ... rubbber room for you old fella !!

... and yes, I am aware that 7 was probably the first OS made for touch screen operation.

Just my opinion, but I am 99.999% correct all of the time ... so go suck lemons if you disagree.

wainuitech
19-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Oops double post

wainuitech
19-04-2014, 03:06 PM

They should have scrapped Vista and kept XP going. 7 isn't so bad, but 8 is an abomination thought up by weed affected techies :nerd: who are so young they haven't got a clue what a desktop computer and LED/LCD NON-touch screens are.

They have little or no respect for the older generation (including their parents) who are just getting the hang of using a keyboard and mouse. Now they only have to touch the screen to be inexplicably driven through the web, with no control whatsoever, to the dark side ... all red with XXX signs and women (and men I believe) who are in various stages of undress.

No longer can they say "I pushed the wrong button" they now have to learn a new phrase "I only touched the bloody thing!" ... as if anyone is going to believe that !

You may as well jump ahead a few more years when everything is "visually" operated on a heads up display and they'll have to learn another more complicated new phrase ... "I only looked at the bloody thing" ... rubbber room for you old fella !!

... and yes, I am aware that 7 was probably the first OS made for touch screen operation.

Just my opinion, but I am 99.999% correct all of the time ... so go suck lemons if you disagree. You get out the wrong side of bed this morning ?

SP8's
19-04-2014, 04:31 PM
You should know me by now WT ... always a grumpy old bugger ... and proud of it !! :rolleyes:

Bryan
19-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Must be the weather. Move North!

Poppa John
19-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi All...I think I have done it. Found MSE on add/remove. Deleted any reference to it. Could not find WT's link. But so far so good. Runninf FreeAvira & Hitman. PJ

SP8's
19-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Must be the weather. Move North!

Weather has nothing to do with ... move North ... you have to be joking.

No Speights, no real women (unless they're imports from the South), no hunting, no fishing ... flabby rainbows that need thermal heating are definitely NOT fish. No oysters, no crayfish, no Speights, no burning couches or keg parties ... from what I've seen and heard, the further North you go, the less fun you have. Just about forgot ... no gumboots, fine country blondes or cliffs up there either and you definitely need Speights when you get a hold of a true country blonde from south of the Waitaki. (Google it, you Northern Yuppies won't find it otherwise)

Nup ... I'll stay down here where the action is thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
20-04-2014, 02:08 PM
The EOL install does add tasks, to the task scheduler. And MSE adds one too. Just found this out the other day. I had to uninstall MSE because it was causing errors everytime this desktop (I was fixing), was turned on. So uninstalled and deleted its task as well as the EOL tasks

EFFIGY
20-04-2014, 08:31 PM

No Speights, no real women (unless they're imports from the South), no hunting, no fishing ... flabby rainbows that need thermal heating are definitely NOT fish. No oysters, no crayfish, no Speights, no burning couches or keg parties ... from what I've seen and heard, the further North you go, the less fun you have. Just about forgot ... no gumboots, fine country blondes or cliffs up there either and you definitely need Speights when you get a hold of a true country blonde from south of the Waitaki. (Google it, you Northern Yuppies won't find it otherwise)

Clearly you never got as far north as Wellsford... Laughing so hard I am crying.

Greg
21-04-2014, 05:40 AM

They should have scrapped Vista and kept XP goingBalls mate... I've been happily using Vista for four years and its been wonderful! Only using Win 8.1 now cos it came with my new machine.

Billy T
22-04-2014, 10:41 AM

Mamby Pamby Southerners! :D

Up North we have cliffs and we have forests, plus more blondes than you can shake your stick at, and they don't wear wellies to bed or smell like an offal pit!

You gotta trek for days to find a West Coast, but up here where the action is we can walk East-West before morning tea and be back by lunchtime, in fact if you go far enough North you can cross from East to West and back again in about 30 seconds; and we grew outa couch burning and keg parties just after the Magna Carta was signed. (Does Speights come in kegs?) You can keep your oysters (living snot) and there is life and cuisine beyond crays.

If you want to meet a real woman, you oughta visit and meet Mrs T! She's a northern country girl and can do anything your southern gals can, but looks and smells a whole heap better, and she don't wear wellies to bed either.

You orta come up and spend a while here in the engineroom where the action is, however I will concede that Speights is a good drop, even though it's a name and label only now, and brewed by Lion. I was in their new plant a month or so back and there she was, Speights coming off the lines along with a load of other well known boutique and foreign brands, plus the old Lion brews (which I wouldn't drink in a drought). That Speights sure wasn't made with Southern water, but I reckon you can count on one fact: all the water used was passed by Northerners.

I'm real sorry if this revelation breaks your southern heart, but it seems the North makes Speights cheaper, faster, better.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :devil