PDA

View Full Version : ASUS Inbuild wifi

4Lowie
16-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi all
I'm having issues with the inbuilt wifi modem on my ASUS so I uninstalled the driver today thinking it would be easy to reinstall. I though it would "find" it and then reinstall the driver... It can't find the internal modem when I went through the network setup wizard. Any idea's please (Win8)

Thanks Dave

Agent_24
16-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Is this a laptop or a desktop computer? Can you post model number of the laptop or motherboard?

Have you tried connecting via Ethernet and downloading the driver from Windows Update? You should be able to go into Device Manager, select your WiFi card and tell it to update the driver.

4Lowie
16-04-2014, 11:15 PM
I found that I could reinstall the driver for this wifi but the issues still remain.

Whats the best option for wireless, use a usb modem or are there better options?
Thanks

pctek
17-04-2014, 06:49 AM
I found that I could reinstall the driver for this wifi but the issues still remain.

I had a customer once with wifi being dodgy....I sent the laptop back to ASUS agents and they put a different brand one in for him. End of issue.

wainuitech
17-04-2014, 08:44 AM
What the actual "issues" ?

4Lowie
19-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys, The machine is one of the "all in one" units. The issues are that it keeps dropping out when not in use and then it's a real pain to reconnect. I normally have to disable it, enable it then try and reconnect. Sometimes I have to do this several times before I get connected. A real pain!

Dave

Speedy Gonzales
21-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Dont think you have to use the network wizard to use it. The network setup wizard is probably as hopeless as it was in XP

Just put the password in when you connect it to the modem/router then use it. If its working