PDA

View Full Version : Outlook E-mail problem

Woody
11-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Outlook E-mail when I wish to send a mail, message appears to the effect that although my default editor is MS Word, Word is not available so Outlook editor will be used instead.
Weird as Word is still fine.
Then, any mails of more than a few lines, composed in Outlook are truncated when sent. Looks Ok until sent, then "Sent Items" folder shows it as truncated.
However if I compose my message in MS Word, then cut and paste this message into my E-mail, all is fine, it is sent in its entirety.

Two puzzles - 1/ why has Outlook suddenly decided that Word is not available, yet I can use it just fine.
2/ Why does Outlook e-mail truncate any message when created in outlook yet sends it just fine if created in Word and pasted into outlook E-mail.

As you can imagine, SWMBO is most unimpressed (and mentions it) when her messages arrive at their destination with only half the information present.
MS Office is 2003 and contains both Outlook and MS Word

Lurking
11-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Never been impressed with Microsoft.

http://blog.rocketlawyer.com/microsoft-to-discontinue-support-for-windows-xp-office-2003-time-to-upgrade-your-office-computer-system-94497

Perhaps that's the problem.

Lurking.

11-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Perhaps that's the problem.

Lurking.

Nope :-)

Try :
go to Outlook options, mail format, untick Word as editor, set : compose message in HTML format

or
ad/remove programs, Office2013, "repair"

or
if you havent updated Office to SP3
install Office03 SP1, SP2 SP3 . You'll have to hunt around the interwebs to find those now

or restart the pc, that sometimes just fixes everything .

wainuitech
11-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Seen the 2nd problem MANY times, its often ( but not always 100% fix) 1 of two problems , either you have IE 11 installed, OR its taking to long to type a mail as per its deafults. ( could be why copy/paste from word works).

Have a read of the following article Fully, ( the answers, 1st reply, that has a 7 in the helpful replies) the actual suggested fix is near the bottom of that article.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2003-outlook/text-disappearing-within-emails-truncated-emails/40b0bd3e-2ba0-4042-8a3b-7c35da46005d