PDA

View Full Version : yahoo intruding on start up

12-12-2001, 12:41 AM
Yesterdayb I registered my McAfee anti-virus protection.As part of the process,they asked me to reset my javascript defaults.Idon't know anything about java,but ever since,my browser flashes up an addntnt this intrusionress on startup which reads java redirect paviliondownload.com (and a string of code).
Instead of my default homepage,I open to My Yahoo!
This in my opinion is a total bloody liberty.I have Sygate firewall in place,what can I do to prevent this cheeky imposter?

12-12-2001, 01:05 AM
...yes - it is a total liberty - although, in this case, you might have accidentally clicked 'Yes' on something for the change to take place.

In all likelihood there will have been changes made to your Registry which require some experience to 'repair'.

Fortunately for us beginners there is a simple solution to the problem you have.

Visit the following Web Site. It offers a tiny, free tool (about 1KB) you can download and correct the problem.

Be sure to click on the links there to read how it's used.

Cheers!!!

e_

http://www.langa.com/iereg.htm

16-12-2001, 03:41 AM
Hi there Newby

To change your default homepage, RIGHT-click on the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop and use the left button to select 'Properties' from the Drop Down Menu.

On the Dialogue Box that pops up, you will see a space where you can type in the address you want as your default, and click OK ...

HTH

Rosz

P.S. What you describe about cheeky people is not unusual ... the bigger the company, the ruder they get ...