PDA

View Full Version : Active@ Disk Image - setup

wratterus
31-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Having a bit of a play with Active@, it seems very good but I'm not finding the interface that intuitive.

If I, for example, want to set someone up with a daily incremental backup, what would be the correct setup? Do I first have to create a full image then choose that in the scheduled task setup wizard?

Interested to hear from anyone who uses it, and how you have it setup.

Thanks!

gary67
31-03-2014, 07:49 PM
yep once you have a full image the incrementals work off that image, trouble is as with any backup they don't overwrite so you end up after a while with a heap of incremental backups, or at least I did so now I just make a new image every couple of months and do a weekly data backup with Syncback.

Oh expect me back up there in 2 years time looking for a job, ticking the days off, Liam will be a qualified sparkie by then

linw
31-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I use Macrium Reflect but the scheduling is probably the same. I schedule the full backup every week and an incremental one every day. It is set to keep four copies.

This seems to sort itself out OK!

bk T
31-03-2014, 10:09 PM
As regards SyncVBack, is the free version good enough for simple (but reliable) day-to-day tasks?

gary67
01-04-2014, 06:40 AM
As regards SyncVBack, is the free version good enough for simple (but reliable) day-to-day tasks?

absolutely it is and very easy to use too