PDA

View Full Version : I want to remove Asus MSN and change it to Internet Explorer

R.M.
24-03-2014, 03:59 PM
I would have thought that would be easy enough to do, but so far it has eluded me... :(

Any suggestions how I do this please?

Speedy Gonzales
24-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Never heard of ASUS MSN. Just run IE make it the default browser

R.M.
24-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Asus MSN is the internet browser that comes in Asus machines (or at least mine). I have downloaded IE and made it the default browser, but MSN NZ remains the browser that opens up. Not what I want at all!

Speedy Gonzales
24-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Change the homepage in IE. Uninstall ASUS MSN if it's there

R.M.
24-03-2014, 05:40 PM
In spite of the fact the IE is installed, when I click the IE icon, MSN NZ comes up. There is no MSN in add/remove programmes - so where else should I look? As far as I can see, there is no other way change the home page until I get rid of MSN... :(

pcuser42
24-03-2014, 05:43 PM
In spite of the fact the IE is installed, when I click the IE icon, MSN NZ comes up. There is no MSN in add/remove programmes - so where else should I look? As far as I can see, there is no other way change the home page until I get rid of MSN... :(

Open Internet Options, and the hope page option is the first option that appears :)

Speedy Gonzales
24-03-2014, 05:43 PM
You change the homepage under tools / internet options. This isnt what ASUS or whatever did. The MSN site is the default homepage in Windows 7 and 8. After it's been installed. I think it applies to other versions of windows too

wainuitech
24-03-2014, 05:53 PM
If its the corp Naming changing the home page wont do a lot, its actually a reg alteration that's required.

ASUS and several others do it. Depending on what they have done sometimes its only Text other times its got graphics as well.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/remove-isp-text-or-corporate-branding-from-internet-explorer-title-bar/

http://www.iinet.com/support/answer.php?id=740

What ever they have done you need to alter the reg. The above may or may not work, depends on how they have done it.

As it says in the second article: Please do this at your own risk

R.M.
24-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Right - got it under internet options... Now how do I get the various toolbars - Menu bar, favorites, etc? (I knew I had come to the right place!) :)

Speedy Gonzales
24-03-2014, 06:03 PM
The toolbars are under manage add-ons under tools. If the menu bar isn't showing click up the top of IE right mouse / select menu bar. Favorites is under it

R.M.
24-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Now I'm a 'Happy Camper' - thanks so much. :)