PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get broadband ... how long did your ISP take?

11-12-2001, 10:35 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to ask of those who do have JetStart/Stream, how long did it take from request to installation?

I'm 10 working days since I requested it (and two weekends to boot) from Paradise (and getting pretty tetchy), who say the ball's in Telecom's court.

Telecom says I should be talking to Paradise. It's like no one actually wants my money.

Meanwhile, I have this nice new ADSL modem, for which I can't take advantage of the 7 day return thing should any problems arise with it because of course those 7 days have elapsed.

Anyway, if I could build up some replies (especially for Xtra/Paradise customers) I might be able to get an average, which neither Telecom nor Paradise are willing to give right now.

11-12-2001, 11:23 PM
I'm with Paradise - never had anything but 110% from them. Telecom has to install their wiring b4 Paradise can do anything. Telecom was up to its usual best (about 7-8 days) but Paradise was set up BEFORE Telecom had even arrived.

11-12-2001, 11:24 PM
Hullo, I am from ther Netherland, and it took the ppl 6 months it took to hook me up to cable

12-12-2001, 01:49 AM
Telecom usually have an approximate 5 day lead time. But - that is if you requested a full install. If you chose the self install option, using filters, it can be 2 or 3 days.

When you ordered it, did you order from Telecom's website, or over the phone directly with 123? Or did you order it through Paradise? Either way you should have some kind of job number from Telecom, this will relate to a Telecom service order.

10 days is not right. I am not suggesting you can't count 10 days, but somethings gone astray. If you chose self installation, is it possible that Telecom have already done the necessary work at the exchange?

12-12-2001, 02:13 PM
They installed it on the exact day I requested. Seven days after my inital order.

12-12-2001, 06:03 PM
It took five days to have it hooked up. The guys that did the install were total dickheads.
Now if telecom would only increase the caps on Jetstream I would be a happy man.