PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Video Problem ???

AppleFan
22-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Got latest IE , problem only happens in one site 3news.co.nz - what occurs is notice ad plays fine , but when actual video starts only a normal clear sound be noticed , there is a white screen when video starts playing , note this only happens in IE latest , chrome works fine , no problem there , soon i will write to media works but before that any chances what can cause it . Only this site 3news.co.nz no other sites like youtube or etc . And have been monitoring it say for two weeks , i use chrome as my preferred browser but currently using IE and found this . Please help , thanks

wainuitech
22-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Try this ----- Play the video, right click on it, Settings ( Flash Player) untick, enable hardware acceleration. Close the video, retry

linw
22-03-2014, 10:18 PM
At least here, IE11 is severely flawed when faced with playing flash videos. All I get on the 3news site is an endless little circle of dots.

No option to disable Flash Player on my rt click, WT.

wainuitech
22-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Must be something in the settings then -- Here its perfectly fine on the video I tried ( see below), W8.1 IE 11 & shows flash options when right clicking. ( no disable hardware acceleration though)

5637 5638

Can someone post a link to a video you guys having problems with please.

Just a thought - you guys using an getting old OS ( Windows 7) :p If so that could be the problem, as IE11 & W7 has been known to cause problems.

wainuitech
22-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Just adding to above -- try going to Adobe in IE11 http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and make sure you got the latest Flash for IE11 /Windows7. Its currently Version 12.0.0.77

Just tried a news video on 3news, on W7 - IE11 , and flash DOES show when right clicking, it seems a different version /setup on W8.1 than W7.

If your flash doesn't show when right clicking then its possibly broken somehow, hence the videos wont load.

AppleFan --
soon i will write to media works but before that any chances what can cause it I wouldn't, its NOT their site its your computer or settings someplace within IE. Try resetting IE, also run Ccleaner to clear out the junk and also check as per above.

AppleFan
23-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Just adding to above -- try going to Adobe in IE11 http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and make sure you got the latest Flash for IE11 /Windows7. Its currently Version 12.0.0.77

Just tried a news video on 3news, on W7 - IE11 , and flash DOES show when right clicking, it seems a different version /setup on W8.1 than W7.

If your flash doesn't show when right clicking then its possibly broken somehow, hence the videos wont load.

AppleFan -- I wouldn't, its NOT their site its your computer or settings someplace within IE. Try resetting IE, also run Ccleaner to clear out the junk and also check as per above.

Hey to let u know my OS is windows 7 bit and has latest adobe 12.0.0.77 .Yes similar to what picture I can see above u got , I get it too but I can't somehow change anything . What I have done which u told me is reset IE , run cc cleaner . And I did a restart . Then my mouse froze , then I again restarted and mouse problem solved and just one video ran fine but second did ran but only sound is there no picture , pure white like a letterbox black on top and white is where video is but cant see and bottom is white , what should I do now . So I don't think cc cleaner and resetting IE did much .

wainuitech
23-03-2014, 02:20 PM
The fact that the videos play in other browsers, and sometimes in IE means its not the 3news site, theres something on the Computer causing it, could be an Antivirus as well, depending on what you are using.

Try using Compatibility mode and see if that makes any difference. To get to that, open a video you want on the 3news site, top right in IE look for the Cog ( under the X ) click the cog, select compatibility View Settings, add 3 News and Close.

The screen will flash as it changes to compatibility Mode, and hopefully your video will play.

Speedy Gonzales
23-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Kill protected mode, see if it makes a diff. This can cause probs

AppleFan
23-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Hey speedy whats Kill protected mode and what does it do , any harm to pc . And wainuitech idea did not work. So how do i get kill protected mode.

Speedy Gonzales
23-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Tools / internet options / security tab. Untick protected mode. Then close/ open IE again. Then see if it works properly

AppleFan
24-03-2014, 06:38 PM
speedy - nothing happened .