PDA

View Full Version : Adding another computer monitor

curly
21-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I have added a second monitor and it works quite well, except when using the mouse, the mouse symbol on screen always
wants it to move to the left edge of the screen and will then appear from the right side of the second screen.

Surely there must be some way where the mouse symbol will go to the right edge of the master screen and then continue
to move into the second monitor. Hope this is understandable :-)

Anyway... any ideas, as it is crazy as it is.

gary67
21-03-2014, 09:20 PM
What operating system

curly
21-03-2014, 09:24 PM
What operating system

Duh ! Windows Vista, thanks for looking :-)

Speedy Gonzales
21-03-2014, 09:40 PM
What mouse symbol?? You mean the arrow / cursor? Is it an Nvidia videocard?

pcuser42
21-03-2014, 09:55 PM
From memory - open Display properties (where you change the screen resolution), and drag around the two monitors shown onscreen to suit. :)

curly
22-03-2014, 07:13 AM
From memory - open Display properties (where you change the screen resolution), and drag around the two monitors shown onscreen to suit. :)
Yeah done that, my prime monitor, 1, is shown as the master monitor and to the right of that is a smaller monitor, shown as monitor 2, yet the mouse arrow will only go to the left of the screen and will popup on monitor 2 on the right edge of monitor 2's screen.

curly
22-03-2014, 07:26 AM
What mouse symbol?? You mean the arrow / cursor? Is it an Nvidia videocard?

Yeah, the arrow/cursor is it, and yes a NVidia video card.

pcuser42
22-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah done that, my prime monitor, 1, is shown as the master monitor and to the right of that is a smaller monitor, shown as monitor 2, yet the mouse arrow will only go to the left of the screen and will popup on monitor 2 on the right edge of monitor 2's screen.

If you click Identify, what numbers do the monitors show?

curly
22-03-2014, 10:21 AM
If you click Identify, what numbers do the monitors show?

The main monitor, identified as number 1, the second monitor is ident as number 2, though that I
covered in a previous post.

Agent_24
22-03-2014, 11:40 AM
What happens if you drag the displays around so your 2nd monitor is to the left of the main one?

curly
22-03-2014, 06:39 PM
What happens if you drag the displays around so your 2nd monitor is to the left of the main one?

I can try that, but there is a wall to the left of monitor 1, but with the restricted space, it may not be possible.

What do you think might be achieved by that ? Anyway monitor 2 cannot be physically located to the left of the master
monitor, number 1 !

Ah daylight... its only a theoretical move, will try it and we will see what eventuates :-)

Agent_24
22-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I mean in the displays control panel in Windows

pcuser42
22-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Anyway monitor 2 cannot be physically located to the left of the master
monitor, number 1 !

Depends which monitor is set as master ;)

SolMiester
27-03-2014, 08:44 AM
I think he has the monitor back to front, as in primary to the right of secondary, so instead of going to right to move to 2nd monitor, he has to go left!......So drag the display to the other side on the display dialog page and apply to swap to other side..

dugimodo
27-03-2014, 10:21 AM
What graphics card are you using? sometimes the driver software has it's own monitor management options that can interfere with the standard display options. Normally you can use either to set up your monitors but sometimes it works better with one or the other.

My laptop with intel graphics took a bit of fiddling about with the intel driver and the windows settings before it would work as wanted with dual screens & a dock but my desktop PC with Nvidia graphics works from either windows display options or Nvidias software just fine. Generally you just drag one monitor into the correct position in the software as per previous comments.