PDA

View Full Version : Internet question

ianhnz
14-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi guys.
There are 4 people in our place that do internet surveys.
Sometimes when someone else try's to do one, they gets a message:- Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you canít participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data youíve provided.
I emailed the survey company and they responded:- Many surveys only allow access once per IP address so, if another account accesses a survey that you subsequently try to access then you will be unable to do so.
I had explained, to them, that after each survey we had a point of either logging off and on or rebooting system.
Is there any other way that we can get around this issue?

Thank you,

Ian

wainuitech
14-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Your IP address being detected is from your ISP, not the internal IP from the router.

One way - (not to convenient though) is to turn off or unplug your modem for about five minutes. Sometimes when it reconnects you'll end up with a different IP.

You can always try using a proxy but its a bit of a hassle. Or use some sort of site that changes your IP and makes the IP appear to be in a different country.

ianhnz
14-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Your IP address being detected is from your ISP, not the internal IP from the router.

One way - (not to convenient though) is to turn off or unplug your modem for about five minutes. Sometimes when it reconnects you'll end up with a different IP.

You can always try using a proxy but its a bit of a hassle. Or use some sort of site that changes your IP and makes the IP appear to be in a different country.

Thanks, wainuitech, but apart from turning modem off, bit to much, me.
Was just think, where you said, "makes the IP appear to be in a different country", that what some do to watch TV programs from another country, I think...

wainuitech
14-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks, wainuitech, but apart from turning modem off, bit to much, me.
Was just think, where you said, "makes the IP appear to be in a different country", that what some do to watch TV programs from another country, I think...

Haven't actually tried it fully, theres enough crap on NZ TV let alone from other countries :D http://proxmate.dave.cx/ it will allow your browser to signup and join places like netflix, as it makes the site appear you are in the good ? ol US of A

BUT when checking the IP its still in NZ.

dugimodo
14-03-2014, 08:46 PM
If any of you have smartphones with data plans you could tether them to the PC and use their connection long enough to do the survey, shouldn't be too much data and you'd need to disable or disconnect your normal connection while doing it.
Is it really worth the hassle though, what's the reward for doing surveys ?

Agent_24
14-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Unlikely to work any more, at least on Telecom anyway.

ianhnz
15-03-2014, 10:08 AM
If any of you have smartphones with data plans you could tether them to the PC and use their connection long enough to do the survey, shouldn't be too much data and you'd need to disable or disconnect your normal connection while doing it.
Is it really worth the hassle though, what's the reward for doing surveys ?

Rewards a pretty bad.

When we lived in Auckland I was on a few panels that paid around the $100 mark, but for internet surveys, I won't do any thing less than $3.00, but you have to do a few.

It seems to be maninly one company and they pay in $20.00 Farmers cards, which wife likes getting and we get a couple a year.