PDA

View Full Version : Voyager

11-12-2001, 09:12 AM
Was wondering how others afeeling about the way that Voyager is treating their 11,000 odd domestic customers?

I joined Voyager back in June 2001, and getting a 12 month connection contract, after no end of problems with Xtra.

Last Thursday I get a message from Xtra telling me that Voyager was closing down at the end of the month...

As of today I have received no mailings from Voyager.

Would love to hear YOUR views. Ian

11-12-2001, 10:20 AM
Hi Ian, I've been with Voyager for 6 years, and also just had a 12 month contract from last month. then bang! was told by mail it was to be no longer!! Have had two more notifications since then. Isn't this called 'breaking a contract?'
The weekend staff have been appalling with help since then. I'm not very happy about changing elsewhere right at Xmas. I've looked at several other providers, any comments about Actrix. Netaccess, Paradise, Zip internet from anyone?

11-12-2001, 10:33 AM
I have just joined up with Ihug. They waved the $15.00 joining fee and I have the same paln as Voyager, but it is $5.00 dearier and no access charge until Febuary 2002.
I just hope that they don't fold! Earlier this year I had Freenet and i4free, and had to change. Later I had so many bad issures with Xtra I dropped them.

11-12-2001, 10:34 AM
I have just joined up with Ihug. They waved the $15.00 joining fee and I have the same plan as Voyager, but it is $5.00 dearier and no access charge until Febuary 2002.
I just hope that they don't fold! Earlier this year I had Freenet and i4free, and had to change. Later I had so many bad issures with Xtra I dropped them.

11-12-2001, 05:26 PM
Go with Xtra..... I don't know why everyone slags them off. The service and support is really good as far as I am concerned.....

My only worry with all these ISP's going out of business, is that we are going to end up with high prices for internet connection again!

Regards, RINGO

11-12-2001, 07:37 PM
Paradise offers a similar pricing scheme (www.paradise.net.nz). $10 for 20 hours or $20 for 250 hours and there is no joining fee!

13-12-2001, 12:36 AM
Sympathies,buddy...At least when Hypernet nz quit the game, they passed us all on to Orcon.Had my first dealings with Orcon today, they were very helpful.Don't be put off by their helpdesk hours,they say they will be extending them real soon!

13-12-2001, 12:48 AM
Paradise Net is great, and I don't think they are going to disapear anytime soon since they are hooked up with telstra.

Their help desk is great if you ever need them, you don't have to wait on hold for >90 mins like with xtra.
After I signed up they actually rang me and offered to help set up my connection.