PDA

View Full Version : Win7 Updates -

SP8's
22-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Just wondering whether anyone knows if I can download Win7 updates to my computer via auto UD's, copy them from the windows update file and install them onto another computer.

The computer I want to put them on only has a dial-up connection and it took damn near an hour to update MSE ... the connection sound takes me back a few years when everyone thought it was the best thing since sliced bread ... it ain't !! Just in case anyone is wondering, it's for a club and the computer is used very little, maybe 2 days a month at the moment and only to send results to the local paper and governing body.

I've since figured out how to use my phone to connect to the computer wirelessly and we'll use that instead of dial-up to put results through and backup to dropbox ... it's just that downloading updates can use my phones data cap up very quickly. Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA Peoples

SP8's

Speedy Gonzales
22-02-2014, 02:15 PM
You could use this to get the updates (http://www.wsusoffline.net/docs/).

Driftwood
22-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Take the pc to another location with broadband to update it.

Renegade
22-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Autopatcher works as well.

MSE will have no chance of staying up to date if they only use it 2 days a month. Heck, I'd probably just switch off updates altogether if it's used that little.

Speedy Gonzales
23-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Or reformat / reinstall XP and update it. Since after April you wont have to worry about any more updates. There wont be any more :p