PDA

View Full Version : Baking up CDs

11-12-2001, 12:59 AM
Hi out there, I'm new to computers and rencently I've been copying and baking up files and music. But then I had a problem I tried to backup office 2000 and what do you know the damn thing got to the 80% mark and the writer door just opened and nothing more. What I want to know is it possible to back up this CD or is it protected in some way.
Thank you Dave E.

11-12-2001, 12:33 PM
Hi Dave, what software are you using for burning cd's. I'd imagine that Office 2000 would have some form of copy-protection check out www.cdmediaworld.com they have some info on copy-protection.

JM

11-12-2001, 07:45 PM
Hi ya,

I certainly don't know anything about 'baking' up cds, especially for dinner! Ya i know what you mean, the answer is very straight forward, all Microsoft products have a copy protection that will not let you copy their software, but how ever i do know that if you use a program called CloneCD, which writes in RAW mode (check your CD_RW can do that) can skip the copy protection and give you a 1:1 copied cd. I didn't say that by mistake , because next time you copy that copied cd, you still can't do it, because it'll still have it, so what clonecd basically does is just skip the copy protection files.

Hope it helps, Happy Burning

11-12-2001, 07:46 PM
Hi ya,

I certainly don't know anything about 'baking' up cds, especially for dinner! Ya i know what you mean, the answer is very straight forward, all Microsoft products have a copy protection that will not let you copy their software, but how ever i do know that if you use a program called CloneCD, which writes in RAW mode (check your CD_RW can do that) can skip the copy protection and give you a 1:1 copied cd. I didn't say that by mistake , because next time you copy that copied cd, you still can't do it, because it'll still have it, so what clonecd basically does is just skip the copy protection files.

Hope it helps, Happy Burning

16-12-2001, 12:01 PM
NO Micorsoft software has ANY protection whatsoever. That is why they use CD KEYS, and more recently product activation. If they were to protect CD's from copying i.e Safedisk 1,2 or SecureROM, then they would have to pay royalties to companies like Macrovision.